Comcast Has THE WORST Service

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by streakanime • Dec 29, 2013.

1. streakanime

streakanimeMember

Threads:
    You know that Comcast's idea of customer service is that if the service does not work you continue to pay the bill until they fix it and then they will "fix" your next bill when they finally fix it? Personally, I think it is ridiculous that they would charge their customers anything until the problem is resolved.
    Initially I paid an almost $200 cable and Internet bill for Internet that did not work! They sent out six different technicians, changed the box out twice, and rewired the apartment and still NOTHING. I ended up canceling the Internet service with them. I still have cable because I really wanted cable and the only other provider wanted a $400 security deposition (yeah right!).
    Anyone else had any bad experiences with Comcast?

2. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I believe that if a company is not supplying you with the level of service you expect, stop giving the company your business. Honestly, I think that's the best way to "get back" at these companies who don't see you as a customer but rather just a consumer who pays them monthly. I suggest researching and later switching to a different provider if possible. On the flipside it's possible that you haven't been able to talk to anyone who will go the extra mile for you but in order to speak and/or find that person, it will take more patience and more phone calls. So really I would just suggest switching providers.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I once had a roommate that had Comcast and had a habit of locking her bedroom door when she wasn't home. She was late to pay her bill and the guy from Comcast that came to take back her cable box wouldn't leave when I said that she wasn't home. He basically acted like he wanted me to break into her locked bedroom so that he could get the cable box and take it back.
    I called her and told her to hurry home and deal with him.

What kind of thuggish cable company doesn't leave when the customer isn't home?

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No kidding. I'm with them though because I have no choice. They are one of the worst companies on the planet but it's because they know they can get away with it. They have the government backing them. They have costed me money millions of times due to turning off the internet and not to mention their rates are outrageous. Their bundle is a piece of crap but again no choice. We could get the phone through someone else but there's no point to that since we have to have TV and internet by them. I could probably do without the cable but I do watch TV while I'm eating but if I had to I would do without it. I need the internet to make money though.
    They are also rude and a bunch of idiots. I remember one person that worked there said if we wanted satellite we should tell the landlord to cut down the trees. They apparently haven't learned business 101 because they don't go by the customer is always right.
    I could say so many things about them but I don't want the post to become too long.

5. kavoric

kavoricNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah, my family and I had problems with Comcast in the past. Always in the middle of watching a program the channel would always freeze then come on a few minutes later, really irritating. We now have direct tv and not a single problem, and you would expect a satellite dish to always freeze more than a cable box would.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just ordered Direct TV because my phone/internet company offered to bundle my services with Direct TV. I'm glad to hear some positive feedback about the company because I've never used them before and I don't want to deal with Comcast.

7. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    My friend said that his Comcast service was horrible. The customer service had no clue on how to fix it and would send out clueless technicians. My friend said that the technicians were so clueless that he had to tell them what certain things were. Needless to say I am glad that I don't have their service.

8. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I use their service, but just for my internet. I haven't had any problems with them, yet, but my boyfriend's mom has.

I agree that you shouldn't have to pay for anything until the problem is resolved. That is ridiculous.

9. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I do not have Comcast in my area, but am sort of stuck with Cox for cable and internet. They have outages, make billing mistakes and I have had problems moving my services/installation issues. Once in a while you get a nice representative, but most times the agent tries to tell you its your fault.

As to Comcast, if you are not satisfied, I agree with the other comments that if you can change, do so.