Common Mistakes When Shopping Online

Discussion in Online Shopping started by remnant • Nov 4, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There are many problems associated with shopping online ranging from the wrong product to gross misrepresentation of facts concerning an advertised product. Others send their money and never get their goods. Please share with us your experiences.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One sad experience in online shopping is when I bought a purse for my wife on her birthday. It looked elegant in the picture so I clicked and since the price is pretty good so I bought it. But when it arrived, it looked ordinary and not classy unlike that one projected by the photo. That was years ago and until now I have yet to see it being used by my wife.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Lazada for my online shopping needs. I am very satisfied with their service especially on the delivery issue. Lazada is quick and alert as far as delivery of ordered items are concerned. I may consider it as my trusted online market or store.

4. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Most of my online shopping experiences have been hassle free. There might be one or two occasions where in I needed to pursue to get back the money followed by a return. In one of the occasions I used gift card instead of cash. The money got deducted twice from the total amount which was mended after a follow-up. They apologized and told that it was a mistake but I wondered why they always make such one sided 'mistakes'.

5. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    The greatest problem is probably with wrong or unimpressive products while shopping online. The pictures appear lucrative but the real product sometimes are dull and disheartening. Other times, you may end up getting wrong size!

6. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    My experience with both eBay and Amazon has been great till now. Once I got a wrong product through Amazon which did not work as promised by the seller. But I got the money refunded on returning it. So that was not a bad experience even though I had to bear the courier charges.

I think to play safe it is better to shop through well known shopping sites and also go through feedback of other buyers before finalizing a seller. The feedback system in Amazon is better when compared to eBay. Some products are cheaper in Amazon and so nowadays my shopping site is Amazon.

7. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    Not checking legit reviews from other people who have bought the same good. It's like the most common mistake. You see a good and you see that it looks good based on the ad then without thinking and out of haste you throw your money only to be disappointed in the end. I have done this not once, but multiple times. I am still trying to discipline myself.

8. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    The one thing that jumped to my mind immediately was not factoring in the shipping, and that leading to not making sure that your order things all at once. I have seen a lot of people go buy something one day, then get on and buy something else the next couple of days. Much better to compile them all.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I buy stuffs online, I tend to check the review first before buying a particular item because with that, I can feel a bit safe that what I'm buying is worth it or is actually a good one since there are people who already tried and ordered it. However, we can't also relay into just reviews since there are different services being provided to people, some experienced good quality service while others don't. So I don't really know what can be the common mistake of online shoppers usually do that they get bad quality service.

10. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Well, the only biggest mistake I did in the past when I was buying some products online is forgetting to apply promo codes which should have saved me a lot of money. But then, it's uncommon for one buyer to order the wrong product online because most of the websites will ask you to double-check your order before completing the checkout. It may happen though with colors some times or probably when you are adding addons like accessories, added specs.

11. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I can definitely relate to the whole forgetting codes and coupons online and then trying to pretend like the back button will work. It is always right after you hit submit payment too, and it is tough. Maybe someday that back button will work for purchases.

12. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    Internet shopping is helpful and can customarily spare you money. Getting sucked into a deal with every one of the pamphlets you might be agreed to, it's simple, with a single tick, to begin perusing deals for things you needn't bother with. Simply hold up until you have to purchase enough to pass the free delivering limit. In the event that you can't do that, then look at different alternatives to begin with, such as requesting from another store, or getting free sending to a store. Try not to spend additional cash on something you needn't bother with just to get free shipping.some stores, as Zappos, are extremely liberal with regards to returns. Others aren't. So when purchasing things like attire, ensure you check the arrival strategy. You would prefer not to be screwed over thanks to dress that doesn't fit right.