Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs for Free?

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by QuatreHiead • Aug 9, 2012.

1. QuatreHiead

QuatreHieadMember

Threads:
    A lot of the light bulbs for the lamps at my home have started to go out recently. I am a student like most, however I don't live in campus dorms. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to find free or very cheap compact fluorescent light bulbs. I would like to be able to switch to these more energy efficient bulbs completely if possible. A few people have mentioned here that sometimes the electric companies will give them out for free. I know a friend or two who the electric company sent them a whole box! I don't know the likelihood of my electric company doing the same, I've written them a letter requesting they send some out, however I'm not expecting much.

Are there perhaps other places that are willing to hand out compact fluorescent bulbs to encourage others to make the switch?

2. LiquidatorBrunt

LiquidatorBruntMember

Threads:
    I know that some power companies and municipalities were offering these for a while. You should check with your power company like you already have. Perhaps there is someone in your city you can call, like a utilities commission.