Companies Negatively Affected By The Digital Revolution

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Oct 3, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm sure one of the obvious companies that really got hit hard by the digital revolution would be Blockbuster, but I consider that more to be their fault rather than just being victims of circumstance, since from what I understand they had a chance to go digital and simply refused it, leaving companies like Netflix to come out and take over.

That said, I'm mostly looking for companies that might have taken a bit of a hit with the digital revolution, even if they weren't necessarily forced to close down. For example, I'm assuming companies like Crayola and other pen and pencil companies probably have been experiencing a lot less profits than what they were used to in their heyday prior to the digital age.

What other companies could you guys think of that probably are seeing way less profits nowadays that everything is now being done in computers?

2. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Lets not forget the entire mailing system. I know Canada Post and USPS have been taking some pretty hard hits in the past 20 years. Apparently they're doing a lot of laying off, and are losing a lot of money.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kodak have lost their prominence and hold as people use their phones to take photos and upload them straight away. There is no buying rolls of film, processing and developing as much on Kodak paper and the whole industry has changed because of it. The days of ordering reprints has past, I still have a camera that takes film, but everyone expects photos immediately now.