Complaint about Walmart and Target!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Treighsie • Jan 7, 2013.

1. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    It is January. I live in NY. There is a foot of snow on the ground and the temperature is near freezing. Do you think these stores have any snow gloves??? NO!! But they DO have bathing suits. What the heck!! My kids want to play in the snow! They really should stock snow gloves until, I don't know, maybe when the snow is gone????

2. vanstadam604

vanstadam604New Member

Threads:
    Hahahaha - I ate to laugh... Sorry, but thats halirious. But most bigbox stores operate like that. They sell products before the season so that people can prepare and they probably get lower costs on wholesale items.

Interesting that you mention target, it's on it's way here to Canada soon...

3. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Well, Treighsie, most folks have gloves by now I guess; the last time I bought some from Walmart it was before Christmas and they were on clearance. The stores near you have probably sold out of whatever inventory they had. Yet, where I live, it rains A LOT and yet I scoured Walmart last year looking for one of those full-length yellow raincoats thinking it would be something they would keep in stock year-round. Apparently I thought wrong.

4. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Almost every store operates like that. They figure it's January, so it's been winter for a month or two now, and you've already bought your snow gloves. But if you're getting ready for a spring break trip you're going to need a swimsuit.
    Just go on amazon, you'll find plenty there.

5. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    It is kind of crazy though, you would think the store would have coats and gloves through Feb. and start stocking things for spring break at the end of Feb. Stores these days just want to jump ahead to the next month, or season or holiday whichever before the one we are in even starts, it really is annoying. You go into a store say in October, expecting to find things for Halloween and such, there you have Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas all on display. Everything is rushed, you don't even get to enjoy the season or holiday you're in, everybody is in a hurry for the next one. Why the hurry! Winter clothing should be carried till at least Feb and as the winter go out in the end of Feb. the sping clothing can come in at the end and so on. Makes a lot more sense.

6. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe they sold out? I don't know. Or perhaps it is like what others have said here, they figure that people already have their gloves and scarves and such since it has been cold for a few months now.

I think that stores should stock these items year round. Places like Walgreens seem to have gloves year round, so if I were looking for a pair and could not find them at Walmart or Target, I would definitely go to Walgreens, or even Rite-Aid, or CVS. Some kind of store like that should have them. They tend to keep a wide variety of things around, although in not as much quantity as a Target or a Walmart type of store.

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I feel your pain! We live where it is cold and snowy until April and even though we you buy gloves in the fall, it seemed like somebody would always loose their gloves sometime during the winter. When my kids were little, I used to buy extra gloves anytime I found them on clearance racks just so we had extras for them. You can try thrift stores and if all else fails, try local convenience stores. For some reason, they seem to carry gloves longer than larger stores do. Unfortunately, they charge alot more for them.

8. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    This is the most likely explanation.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In Miami, it's March and they have both snow gloves and bathing suits, because the weather is so unpredictable here that it was hot for part of the winter and now it's cold in March. Right now I could buy a string bikini, a wool scarf, mittens and a ski mask at Walmart.

By the way, on the Walmart website they are having clearance on all the gloves.

Here's a set for women that has gloves, a scarf and a headband on clearance for $4 with 97 cent shipping.

Here is a set of a cute bear hat and mittens for little boys on clearance for $4 with 97 cent shipping.

#9Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  10. themdno

themdnoNew Member

Threads:
    Well, I think I know where all the snow gloves are, they're all down here in Arizona, where it's snowed one time in the past few years. We have snow gloves in our store in the desert, and you don't in NY, that's pretty sad. I'd be really confused if there were no bathing suits here, haha!