Complaints About Comcast

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by writer811 • Jul 30, 2012.

1. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    My family recently got comcast so we could watch tv. They started charging us more than we were originally being charged so we switched to DirectTV, but it turns out we paid even more for that than we did for comcast. So once again, we switched back to comcast and now it seems that they are going to charge us even more than the first time the price went up. Does anyone know what's going on because I am about to give up on television altogether. Also, the comcast employees were no help in fixing the problems with the box and it was later solved by my uncle (Who had never even seen one before and has no experience fixing television boxes or electronics of any kind). I do not recommend comcast.

2. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Comcast is a bit of a nightmare, but I think DirectTV is the worst! We had major issues with them. We used to have Comcast and they kept saying it was our equipment that was not working so they didn't have to credit us, then somebody would come out and swap the box. After sending a guy out 6 times (wish I was kidding), they finally realized it wasn't the box.

My Mom has Comcast and she tells them to hook her up with a deal again or she will leave and go with somebody else. Somehow she often gets locked into another deal for her triple play. I mean they are still pricey, but she gets a better deal then what they were trying to charge her.

3. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not saying you're wrong but could you give some examples of your experiences with DirectTV? What makes them worse than Comcast? Also, do you know of any other tv companies that you would recommend?

4. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    I've never met anyone that had a good thing to say about Comcast. And this is not something new. Comcast had been horrible for decades and it just seems like they are not going to get any better. The more that they buy, the bigger they get and the less they have to care about the little guy.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many people are giving up on cable altogether. Let's say you have an XBox 360 and an Xbox Live membership. Xbox Live now has Netflix, Hulu + which has thousands of shows including the latest episodes of The Office, Modern Family etc. plus movies, Crackle which has movies, as well as YouTube and coming soon Crunchyroll for anime and Korean dramas. All these apps are on your Xbox 360 and the only one that costs money is Hulu +.

I gave up cable a while ago and watch everything streaming on my Xbox 360. Hulu + is about $7 a month.

6. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I have a list! First year (under the special) was great, no service problems and no billing problems. After the first year our bill was supposed to be 59.95 + tax, but that was never the case. It went to 69.95 + tax and then every month it went up by $3-$5. By the time we cancelled them we were paying $80 a month for pretty much basic service. We used to call them several times a month to let them know we had equipment problems (started right after the first year ended) and we were constantly told it was nothing and that it had to be the weather. They said there was nothing they could do about it. So finally we decided to withhold payment for 4 or 5 days (we were literally only that late on the bill) thinking maybe after months of arguing with them they would deal with us. They then told us that they couldn't talk to us because the bill was a couple days late and demanded us to pay the bill before they would talk to us. Told them why we didn't pay the bill and they hung up. Called them back and same thing, pay now or we won't talk to you. It was only 5 days late because we were annoyed at their service we had been reporting for months. So we paid the bill and then they said well we can send somebody out if you pay us $100 upfront now. Told them where to go and switched to cable. We don't have Comcast where I live, but my Mom does where she lives. We used to have Comcast and they did not treat us as poorly.

My cousin has DirectTV and after his first year his bill has gone up every month too.

Edit: unfortunately I can't recommend any other companies, we have our local cable company as our provider.

7. edensatombomb

edensatombombNew Member

Threads:
    Comcast customer service is'nt the best. I don't do the whole cable or dish tv thing any more. As long as I have a decent net connection I just stream what ever tv or movies i want.

8. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    Alright, thank you everyone. I've been considering getting Hulu+ not because of the price but because I recently realized that they have captions and subtitles now! :) I have hearing problems so I need them to watch anything. I'm close to giving up on cable altogether.

9. mrpotatohead

mrpotatoheadNew Member

Threads:
    I've had terrible experience with Comcast. I only got Xfinity 3 months ago and there have been issues with both phone and internet, which technicians have had to come for about 10 times, mostly in the weeks following installation. They also sometimes charge for the technician visit without letting us know in advance and then refuse to refund it. We are strongly considering going back to Verizon, with whom we haven't had a single issue in 10 years.

10. ukfan41

ukfan41New Member

Threads:
    I hate comcast cable. I have direct tv at my normal home and I love all the channels and the service. I currently have insight cable where I am staying now and I am not very happy with it at all.