Computer Parts: Any Other Good Sites Besides My Beloved Newegg?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by LilyRaven • Jan 15, 2016.

1. LilyRaven

LilyRavenNew Member

Threads:
    I love Newegg for my computer parts personally, but things are starting to get a bit expensive. I am looking for a reliable way to buy computer parts online other than Newegg. I have come across some amazing deals on Amazon but I have to admit, I am a bit weary about buying things such as computer parts and other electronics from a site like this. I know Amazon is a reputable site and I shop there often for other things, but computers and electronics are tricky. If you do not get the correct part it can be disastrous and a waste of money. Does anyone else have experience buying electronics such as computer parts from Amazon? Are they worth it or am I taking a chance at getting incompatible parts or worse?

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I've purchased laptop batteries and a power cord from Amazon for under $20. I was satisfied with my purchase. My son also orders computer parts from Amazon. The best thing to do is read the comments related to the item(s) you want to buy. Also check out the manufacturer's ratings. There are many that sell the same items. I stick with HP only for my laptop - no generic brands will do for me.

3. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I did buy some parts from Ebay and Amazon, and I was very happy with them. But, generally, you want to steer clear of most sites that claim to sell "good" used parts.

Amazon is fine because you can ask the seller questions too. Do your own due diligence before hand and you won't have to worry later.