Computers - Laptops, Desktops, Tablets - Tips On Buying

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Jason76 • Oct 23, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:

As with the thread on computer parts, I'm wondering where the best deals (price and quality) can be found. In addition, what places simply have the best stuff while not considering the price. Finally, what places have the most inexpensive stuff while not factoring in the quality?

Anyway, note that I'm not speaking about parts in this one but the whole thing.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love sales, so I wait for them. If you can wait for sales you'll get it cheaper than regular prices. Holidays, special events in your city sales are good time to start your window shopping to compare prices on what you want to save money. What you want is what you should get in a computer whether it's a laptop or desktop, get what you want and need. I got only an i3 for it's okay for me, being super user friendly, it gets what I want to do done in the price range I want. I like to get one all built, from a store so you can return it, but watch your return policy for some stores only accept 2 wk. return policy on electronics. There is Cyber Monday and Black Friday, but they are popular so it might run out. This is why I wait for holiday sales, the prices are very good and you can get what you want, usually. Get what you want at the price you can afford and the color you want too and you'll be happy with your purchase. Good luck!

3. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I agree that if it is possible, it would be good to check out when there are sales, especially any sales for holidays and those special online sales. I just bought a new computer, and I decided to get it from the store nearby instead of buying in online and waiting for the sales. The reason is that it will be easier and more convenient for me to send the computer for repair in future if there's anything wrong with it, as I am buying a desktop.

4. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    My laptop with the broken LCD was broken beyond repair at a reasonable cost so I have decided to finally buy a new laptop. I checked both online and mall stores for the specs, brand, and model that I have in mind and realized that mall sales are even better than online sales. I had to go from store to store to find out which one has the best deal for the specs I have in mind. My budget was just enough for an HP i3 with 4GB RAM and AMD Radeon TM 520 graphics which was sold at a discount of $60 for cash or straight credit card transactions. Besides the laptop bag and Windows 10 OS, it came with a freebie of up to $10 which I've chosen to spend on a headset/microphone with noise cancellation features.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually check out the prices on Amazon, eBay, and also Craigslist to see what is available. You have to be patient and willing to shop for a while, especially with ebay; but if you read the descriptions for each one, then you can get some really good buys on tablets or used phones.
    I was just looking for a small iPad Mini, and I was checking on all three places, and I ended up getting one that was listed on Craigslist, and got a really good deal on it.
    Now, I am thinking that I would like one just a little larger than the Mini; so I am again watching the sales online and waiting until I can find a great deal on an iPad Air.

6. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Before purchasing any computer gadget, there are many factors one has to base on. The most important aspect here is the cost. Ther are many online stores out there that are known to sell computer gadgets cheaply such as Amazon amd eBay.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We bought our tablet early this year when a department store had their unscheduled sale probably with the purpose of promoting the Samsung Galaxy tablet. We also bought our laptop this year when the HP held its annual sale. The cost of those items on sale were at least 30% lower than the regular price. Over here, you just have to be observant because sales of electronic items come and go without warning.

8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    If you can find deals then definitely go along with it. I am sure there will be less chances to find them offline. I find a lot of good deals online. And it seems to be working out good enough. And it seems to be the buying and selling part that needs to be handled as well. That's why these days I am more of into the cashback sites. And hopefully that is helping out as well.