Concentrated Natural Drinks: Good Or Bad?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Nakitakona • Apr 3, 2017.

1. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Concentrated Natural Drinks

We know that raw fruits which squeeze to produce their juices have healthful benefits to the consumers. But there are occassion or time that these fruits are available during their season. What is your means of acquiring them so that you could have enough supply for your need?

Since I retired last October 2016, I started buying fruit juice in their concentrated form. I am wondering those concentrated juices have the same vitamins could they offer just like when they are taken in their raw and fresh forms.

Are concentrated natural drinks good or bad?

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid any fruit juices which has preservatives and so I am all no for canned or bottled juices or concentrates.

I rather drink freshly squeezed juices as per season. It is not bad to indulge sometimes during off seasons where you may buy auch packed juices after reading their labels.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most concentrated drinks, if not all, have preservatives which some nutritionists say is not good for our health. There is even one article I had seen that said preservatives can cause cancer. Okay, anything can cause cancer for that matter so why bother? But for me, fresh fruit juice is the best but we cannot drink it everyday unless you are wealthy – a liter of freshly-squeezed orange juice here costs $5 per liter, whew, very expensive. To be honest, I’m drinking the bottled orange juice like Harvey’s or Berri. Yesterday, I picked up a bottle of Florida Natural which has a good taste.

4. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    If I can't see nutritional information on the label of the so called concentrated drink, I'll be cautious and will most probably avoid it. For sure, it has undergone processing to obtain fruit extract and have been mixed with preservatives to extend its shelf life. It's healthier and safer to consume fresh fruits. If one fruit is not in season, then try other fruits which are in season and are probably low priced due to oversupply. While I strive to eat fruit on a daily basis, I also drink powdered juices which are fortified with vitamins and minerals and are manufactured by well known companies/brands. These are also cheaper than concentrated juice drinks but are packed with vitamins and minerals. I drink these juices whenever I crave for soft drinks.

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I know a certain brand of concentrated fruit juice that's not made of natural ingredients, so obviously those artificially sweetned. drinks are bad for our health. But if they are taken from the fruit directly and was blended then I don't see any reason why it would be harmful to the body, since it's all natural.