Concert Tickets

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Corzhens • Jun 11, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who is a concert co-producer. She would invest money and in return would be given tickets to be sold in exchange of her invested money. The scheme is like crowdfunding where the main producer solicits funding from 10 to 20 investors. The tickets are given away with big discounts when bought early. The discount given is sometimes up to 50% when bought a month before. The rate of discount diminishes as time pass and no more discount when it is just 2 weeks before the concert.

For the concert lovers, it is a good tip to buy your tickets 1 month in advance to avail of at least 20% discount.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a good tip, I didn't know that you can get discounts when you buy tickets in advance. I think we can only buy the tickets in SM Ticketnet and outside of that then you can only get it from scalpers.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Most events in my country usually give a discount to for buying tickets in advance. This concession is given to reduce the hassle when people obtain their ticket at the gate and also a means of receiving some early funds to aid in the preparation process.

4. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    If I really love the band/the artist and I'm so into their stuff, I will go out and buy a ticket as fast as I can. I don't want to miss the show, especially If there's a likelihood of a sold-out on the line. It happens quite often, believe me. However, If I don't enjoy the band that much but I'm still interested... I will probably buy tickets at doors. I don't want to make extra efforts trying to sell a ticket 2 days prior the show.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Of course, there are websites where you can get cheap tickets in advance, much as there are websites where you can book transportation and lodging in advance. Possibly the savings are outrageous because the booking in advance has the same effect with the other stuff I mentioned. Note, imagine going to a major concert for 20 dollars. That would be sweet. ;)

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that tickets can be sold for as low as 50% if you bought them a month in advance. I think that's a very good deal. But I think it won't really apply to big name artists, because their talent fee is very expensive so their tickets are very pricey too, just look at Madonna, her tickets are very expensive, the cheapest was $64 and the most expensive was at $1,178 when she had her first ever concert here in my country.

7. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    @explorerx7@explorerx7 I agree with you. I always like to buy tickets in advance. However, in my country, people always wait for the last minute rush. They say that there is no hurry in Africa. This leads them to pay almost double the original price.

#7Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  8. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    This is an absolutely good advice / tip (and I love concerts!). Thanks for sharing with us. ;) It's always good to discover new ways to save some money... Our pockets say: "thank you". :)

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Great tip something I never put thought on. Now I know that to get a better value one must buy earlier than later. I actually never knew about such discounts something I must let my cousin who is a concert lover know about. Always great to save money thay can be used for other things.