Confessions Of A Shopaholic

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Ke Gordon • Aug 24, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Has anyone ever ready any of these books by Sophie Kinesella? They are soo funny. I haven't read a funnier book in years. I actually started with the last book but I am guessing the others would be just as good. She is such a great comic writer. Her misadventures are so funny. She reminds me of "Lucy."

2. watsadamen

watsadamenMember

Threads:
    I like Sophie Kinsella and I also enjoy her Shopaholic book series. I was disappointed though with its movie version. I was excited that they decided to make Confessions of a Shopaholic into a movie but was disappointed because they did not make it into a movie series. Instead, they compressed the book series into one movie.

Also, I would like to recommend the another book by Kinsella, which is The Undomestic Goddess. It is a fun read, as well.

3. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    Yes, I love that series! I started it back in high school so I definitely want to reread it because I don't remember the first few that well. Her books will always give you a good laugh. Her characters are so silly and get themselves in the funniest situations!

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's weird, but I've always seen Sophie Kinsella's books all over the place and never ever read one. The funny thing is, I'm always drawn to them because she always has some nice, bright covers. I'm an avid reader, and always on the look out for a good read. I think the reason I've always avoided them is because I get the feeling they may be a little too fluffy and chick-flicky for my liking because I prefer a book with grit.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is chick flick and if fine for a holiday read and then to leave the book behind. They are easy to read and escapism a bit lie watching a sit com. I always got them free with a magazine and it would only take me a day to read them, but generally I don't read these any longer because they are more for teens or people that like escapism.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have actually never read any books by this author. I am certain though, that I have heard the title: Confessions of a Shopaholic, before though. I have just never taken the time to read or listen. But I am sure that I am going to be able to find an audiobook copy online. I hope that it is as funny as the OP says, because I could do with a laugh.

7. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I have indeed read all of her books, and I always wait with great anticipation for the next one, as I just love to read all of her work. It does make you think, though, about just how much of an addiction shopping can actually be, and how you should always do your best to avoid being taken in by it if you can. You should always try to cut back on shopping whenever it is possible, as this means that you can save money in the long term. So yes, it is a great series of books, but there are lessons that can be learned from them, too!

8. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    I usually stick to thrillers and mysteries so I never read these. The only funny books I've read are biographical ones. When Borders was around I used to see these books and the covers were really eye-catching. Are these the books that inspired the movie? I thought the movie was cute. Maybe I'll give these books a chance.

9. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I have not read the book yet but I have seen the movie version. It seems like many people are a fan of the books more than the movie. I think this is usually the case for book lovers. I will check out this book series as I really enjoy light reads sometimes. I have the whole series of the Princess Diaries and I love it! Maybe this will be up my liking too.

10. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I have not read them, but have heard that they are quite funny. I only watched one that ones turned into a movie "Confessions of a Shopaholic". I don't think they were successful in making the movie very funny, however the storyline was good.