Considering Investing In A Moped For Transportation.

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by NinetyEighty1 • Nov 16, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    For the longest time I have wanted to get a moped. I am not the best driver behind a car and feel that a moped would be a temporary solution to getting from place to place until I can better behind the wheel. I currently live in NC where you do not need a license to drive one. Do you think a moped is worth it? If so, which type of moped would you suggest that isn't too pricey?

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I think a moped is an awesome idea for saving money. However, though, they might be massively uncomfortable, but, you know, that's just an expected trade-off for it. Anyway, though, in summer, of course, they can be quite relaxing.

Oh, by the way, does anyone have any idea on how much savings are involved?

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have here the moped with 3 wheels which we call tricycle. It is getting popular now because it is cheap and the government is encouraging the public to buy because it is an electric car. It can carry 1 passenger aside from the driver plus a small cargo bin. It can run 50 miles before needing a recharge that takes overnight. And it costs only $700 brand new. Isn’t it much better than the ordinary moped?

4. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    It pretty much sounds like an ideal use of transportation to me and sounds pretty cheap compared to most mopeds. Aside from having to charge it over night is there any other catch to this tricycle? Also, do you need a driver's license in order to drive it or do you just need to be 16 or above and wear a helmet like a moped?