Contigo Travel Mug

Discussion in Product Reviews started by nonsiccus • Dec 4, 2014.

1. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    Contigo Stainless Steel Travel Mug:
    Autoseal-Travel-Mug.

These are easily the best travel mugs I've used to date. They keep the drink either hot or cold depending on what you need out of it. A lot of travel mugs I've used in the past will lose their thermal capabilities within the first few months as the internal vacuum slowly becomes pressurized. My current set of Contigos has lasted well over 2 years so far with no signs of slowing.

Another great feature is their lid - it's completely water-tight and has a push button on the side that opens a small slit for you to drink from. This means that you can easily move it around without fear of it spilling.

I got mine at Costco, but you can get them on Amazon for those of you without a nearby Costco. Pretty sure I've seen them at just about all major retailers.

Attached Files:

2. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    We got ours on amazon. I was skeptical at first because they look like coffee mugs but insulated is insulated. We used them on a 6000 mile road trip this last June and they did a amazing job of keeping our cold drinks cold to sip at as the day progressed. The only thing I did not like is that the little drinking slit made it more difficult to take pills. I felt like I couldn't get enough liquid for a big gulp. We kept needing to screw the lids off because we both have regular medications. I also have one of the autospout types with the bite valve. That has the same problem with getting a big gulp and doesn't insulate but I like it better for bike rides because I trust the bite valve more than the water tight tops for preventing leaks.

3. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I really do like these mugs because they will keep everything and anything hot (or at least warm). The only huge issue I have with them is that they are really hard to clean, especially when gunk fills up around the mouth parts. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to wash it?

4. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    As someone that also needs to take pills frequently, I know exactly what you mean about not being able to take a big gulp! It's a minor grievance though, because 9 times out of 10 when I'm drinking from the mug, it's just for a normal sip of water as opposed to for the purpose of swallowing pills. That being said, I've found that taking a mouth full of liquid prior to popping the pills is the most effective method, rather than popping the pills then taking water.

The latter method winds up with a mouth full of bitter tasting pill :(

5. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    I find the metal body of the mug to be pretty easy to deal with. It cleans in much the same way as you would any other drinking vessel. The plastic lid part needs to be soaked for a little while to loosen up any grime from drinks you might have. I personally only really use the mug for coffee, tea or water, so it's not too bad. I can imagine it gets kind of gross if you put in any kind of sugary drink, so a decent soaking in hot, soapy water should do it well. That, and running hot water through the mouthpiece will help to rinse out any final soap residue after washing.