Contracts Without Minutes?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by cocolgooh • Mar 22, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    Is it possible to get a mobile phone contract from any provider without minutes included? I never call anyone so minutes feel like a waste of money to me and yet I've never seen any company offer a contract that doesn't include minutes. Generally I'll either text someone or contact them for free over social media or call them for free using Skype rather than use minutes. Does anyone know of such a thing?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not really, but the purpose of a phone is to make calls ordinarily. I mean I would think you would want some minutes in the case of emergency at least, or why would you want one? It sounds like what you are doing is working for you in terms of calling..but if you had a phone, wouldn't you want it just to use in case of a problem? I mean if you do, probably just getting enough minutes to use for emergency purposes would be the way to go I think.

3. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Quite well said, there are instances when phone calls do not make sense in terms of savings especially when talking in informal situations and making unsolicited enquiries. However contracts in minutes would be helpful when one intends to talk when sealing business deals and phone interviews as well as when one is talking to his seniors in whichever situation.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    While it may suit you it would not be a popular contract to sell. I used to do demos in phone shops and the low end contracts with a small amount of minutes would not sell well and for the difference in price wasn't really worth it. Basically you won't find any such contract as people have a phone to make calls, therefore if no minutes were included it would be pointless.

You are best off with a pay as go rolling monthly contract of giff gaff where it's £5 a month for 500 texts and 125 minutes a month. Many people prefer to text in most cases, but having minutes available is important if you need to make a call in an emergency. I mean you can't text a restaurant to make a reservation or to ring the doctor in an emergency.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too have never come across any such plan. If it exists, I'm not aware of it, and quite frankly, I'm not sure what a customer would be getting out of it. The closest thing to it I was ever on, is the rolling monthly contract mentioned by Theo, where I paid about £10 a month and wasn't locked into a contract, meaning I could cancel it at any given moment. I loved it!!