Cookie Butter Review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DrRipley • Apr 25, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Trader-Joes-crunchy-cookie-butter_151921.

I recently got to try Trader Joe's Cookie butter, and I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed. I'm not a fan of peanut butter, and for some reason, I was expecting this to be the same, and I was proven wrong and pleasantly surprised once I tasted it. For those who are unfamiliar with this product, it basically tastes how you imagine ground up cookies would taste, only it's in paste/peanut butter form. My only complaint is that it's too good on it's own that I feel like mixing it with other foods like bread or ice cream just kind of ruins it. That's just me, though, as I do tend to be a bit finicky when it comes to food. Anyway, if any of you would like to try it after reading this review, I'd highly recommend just going straight to the crunchy variety, as the plain one tastes a bit too.... plain - at least, to me.

Anyone else here who's tasted this? Do you have any better or similar recommendations or perhaps alternatives?

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I've had TJ Speculoos cookies by themselves and was really not impressed. Even tried dipping in coffee and there was something missing. However, I do love peanut butter (I'm a crunchy person myself) as well as gingerbread, so I may try this in the near future.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think I understand what you mean. It is kind of plain and the flavor is too unique to itself that mixing it with other products, even the most basic ones like bread, crackers, or even vanilla ice cream, just kind of ruins both, and it's why I mostly just like eating it on its own a spoonful at a time. I mostly was just surprised at its uniqueness and I still do think it tastes pretty good despite its lack of versatility. Anyway, thanks for leaving your own review and thanks for bringing up gingerbread, I'll now be trying to find that as well!

4. zestytomato

zestytomatoNew Member

Threads:
    There was a white chocolate version of cookie butter at my local TJ's. It was pretty good, although Nutella will always have my heart. My brothers are huge fans of any type of cookie butter though. I guess for me the texture is a bit too pasty for my liking, and it leaves my mouth kind of dry. Nevertheless, the flavor is pretty good.

5. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen that online but haven't tried it. That sounds amazing, and it's good to know that you like it. I will have to check it out some time, but we don't have a Trader Joe's anywhere near me.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    White chocolate cookie butter sounds awesome! I'm a big fan of white chocolate as it is and combining it with cookie butter is probably very good. I agree that Nutella has a much better texture, though, but I have to admit that I'm not that addicted to the taste for some reason.

Glad you found my review useful and thanks for leaving your comment! We don't have this available in our local stores as well and I was only gifted it, but if you really want to try it then maybe just have one shipped. I'm not sure if food products like this are okay to ship, but I imagine it's possible especially if you're in the U.S.

7. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I love cookie butter and I love the Trader Joe's brand. I have seen in some small specialty markets different "fancier" brands of cookie butter but I was unable to detect a difference in quality or flavor. I have to agree with other posters who did not particularly care for mixing it with ice cream etc., I didn't either, I find cookie butter to be such a unique taste it doesn't really go with anything else. Personally I eat it on a spoon as a small sweet treat, but I have friends who put it on celery sticks and fruit for a somewhat healthy sweet snack.