Cooking Lids

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ABC123 • Apr 4, 2015.

1. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    I noticed a post about POTS AND PANS. It got me thinking about my issues with frying pans. I had gotten three different size pans, but none came with Lids. Then I purchased a larger pan that had a glass lid. I bought them from Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I knocked the glass lid onto the floor and well it shattered. The sound was so strange. Anyway, now I use lids from the pots for the smaller frying pans. My complaint/question is why do frying pan not come with their own lids and why do stores not sell just different size multipurpose lids? Anyone else face this delima?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon.com sells a multipurpose pot lid. You can either get a metal one by Mirro that fits 3 sizes of pot, or heat resistant silicone ones by Lockhart that fit a variety of cooking pots or bowls. I think I have a Nordicware one on my wish list but it's buried under pages of movies I wishlisted. I'm not ordering a universal lid because I broke anything, my frying pans just don't come with lids and the Nordicware and Mirror universal covers fit frying pans from 8 inches to 12 inches.

Just because you haven't seen something at the mall doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

3. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    For some reason I did not even think to check Amazon. Following your recommendation, I typed in cooking lids at Amazon and discovered a few. They ranged in price too. It would be nice to find the smaller size. The idea of putting a 12" lid on a 7" pan just clutters my stove top when cooking. Guess I will have to just buy one and see how it works. Thanks for the guidance again.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You can also check your local restaurant supply stores, such as Gordon Food Services, if there happens to be one of those or some other ones in your area. They typically carry a nice selection of individual pans and lids at good prices, so you're not paying an arm and a leg for some "celebrity chef" branded stuff. The GFS near me sells these nice aluminum flat lids with rubber coated handles. I like them because they are lightweight, won't break and are low profile when storing them since they are flat.

Something else to keep in mind, if you are in Bed Bath & Beyond, even if they don't have a particular product in stock that is listed on their site they will often offer to order it for you and have it shipped to you at no extra cost (at least that's been my experience so far). Even better is if you have one of their "20% Off" coupons which they are always making available.