Cooking Pots.

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Casiox • Sep 2, 2016.

1. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I have a friend that bought a new house recently and he's planning on moving there the next month, but I really see him quite worried about the stuff he has to buy and he asked me about cooking pots and all that sort of kitchen gear. What could you recommend him? Should he spend money on a lot of cooking pots or just the essential ones?

2. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I have a wonderful set of non-stick, hard anodized cookware by Circulon and I love it! I have had it for 10 years and it has seen lots of use, but it is still like new. I take good care of it, keep it washed up and don't use anything abrasive when I clean it. But it is very good cookware. Though I still use oil for some things I cook, I get away with less, using this cookware. It was a gift to me and he bought it at JC Penny. I liked it so well that I bought a set for my son and I got that on eBay. I've also picked up extra pieces on eBay because they have some variety there that I don't own in my pattern. I also have some wonderful Krona stainless steel. And I like that very well also. They have some really nice, different kind of pieces that they offer. And sometimes stainless steel works better than non-stick, like for warming milk.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think a set of basic pots and pans is all he needs. He can always upgrade as he sees fit. You can find pots and pans you can use in all price ranges. Since he has a lot of things to buy, as happens when you are renting a new house, he might want to save his money for better pots and pans down the road.

4. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    It's good to hear that you've kept your pots for a long while, I really wish the same thing happened to my mom's pots. Thank you for the brand advice, I surely will share it with my friend and see what he thinks about them, hopefully he can afford these.