Costco's Electronics Return Policy

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by PunkinPie • Mar 20, 2015.

1. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    One of the biggest things I try to remind people is that it doesn't matter how much money you save on an item - if it stops working or malfunctions and you can't return its not a good deal anymore, especially in the case of electronics. Everyone is always looking for a good deal on electronics. You can score some good clearance prices at Wal-Mart, or a great sale or promotion at Best Buy, but hands down I always recommend Costco for their steady prices and their no hassle return policy. They have a 90 day return policy on electronics such as TV's, Computers, Laptops, etc. This is by far the biggest window of return time I know of. Walmart's is only 30 days, and must accompany a receipt. Electronics are usually a big purchase and I like to know that I am protected just in case the item decides to kick the bucket.

If you do your research, watch Costco's coupon mailers, and know the price point for an electronic you want to buy I know you will always pay less there. Their return policy is also the icing on the cake.

Best of luck!

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're right about Costco, but Wal-Mart's return policy on computers and similar items is only 15 days. Printers, televisions, and other products come with a 30 day return policy. However, there are always ways to extend that return period. I prefer Costco over the other retailers when it comes to returning items, although I've never had issues with higher-end electronics.

3. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    Well even more reason for my to boycott Walmart. I think I did know it was 15 for computers and laptops but I forgot. I'm happy for the reminder.

I don't shop at Walmart for a few reasons, but mostly because I prefer to spend my money at local and smaller stores that still give good sales. Walmarts return policy is probably the nail in the coffin.