Costly Freebies

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by remnant • Apr 2, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There are various freebies on offer on numerous sites. Some are given out of online and offline stores. It can take a simple action like signing up to qualify for a freebie. Some people have acquired freebies only for them to throw a spanner in the works. For example, you might get a detergent which may end up spoiling your clothes due to strong bleaching action contrary to the claims. You get the thrust of the issue.

2. Jeff Y

Jeff YNew Member

Threads:
    It would be great if you sent a few sites over that have these freebies!

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not really big on freebies. Usually they are just really like sample size packages that are not that helpful. Other times they may be a trial size which gives you a bit more product. Some of the freebie sites on the web just seem like they want to acquire you name and address to send to companies who later spam you with information. You need to know which freebie sites are good ones.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, I've tried some of these sites in the past. I don't mind the small sizes, since they are free (especially when they pay the shipping, and it's truly free). I like being able to try a little bit of something to see if I like it before making a full size purchase. You often get coupons along with the trial for a full purchase (or at least I did back then). I always thought that was a pretty good deal.

I do hate the ones that have lame offers and are clearly just trying to steal your information. I am shocked by how cheaply people are willing to sell all their personal information.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I do not even bother trying to get freebies any more because you never get to the freebie. There are all these other steps you have to go through in order to even get to what you were on the site to begin with. I just wish I knew of ways to get freebies without going through the other offers.

6. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    I know for me I rather test products that are simple to use. If it's totally new and not something that's been around for awhile, I have to be sure it won't destroy my things. I will not test something that I have to take like pills or vitamins. The only exception would be if I get it from a major company. I feel they have tested it enough to make sure that it would be safe enough to use.

7. NickJonathan98

NickJonathan98Member

Threads:
    Hello. Most of those freebies sites never ship the freebies you ordered actually. I have tried 2-3 of them that are located in Greece and they never sent out any free supplies.

Most of the time you'd be better off with a nice printable coupon that will give you up to 90% discount on something that you can buy from a store of your choice.

8. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Not very fond of freebies. Because it is just samples to give you a taste of the overall product. I also warn about giving out personal information like your homeplace or mail if they ask it for a freebie. Politely turn down their offer and
    be on your way. One must be careful with stuff like that.

9. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest - although there are very few offered where I live - they're not really something I bother with - as apart from the fact that realistically speaking nothing is ever totally for free - as most generally want something in return and particularly the majority of “ freebies “ offered online.

The latter of which I have to say - as they normally ask for credit card or bank details - are clearly not free - as why else - would you be required to provide bank or credit card information - for something that was actually free.