Cotton Wool Pads

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Theo • Nov 15, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you use cotton wool pads, balls or do you buy a ream and then pull off what you need? I don't like to spend too much on cotton wool, but the more expensive ones do seem softer than the basic ones. I try to split a ball into two, and if I am running out I try to split a pad into half as well.

Any other ways to save on cotton wool?

2. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    As this is one area where the savings would be negligible to non existence for me - I have to admit its not something that I've ever really given much thought to - especially as - I've never considered paying under a dollar for 500 lint free cotton pads and often significantly less if I buy double the quantity - in any way extravagant.

In fact the only ways that immediately spring to mind for making savings on cotton pads and cotton wool - would be to take advantage of bulk buy offers, buy packs of surgical cotton wool instead of cotton wool balls and to always get cotton pads, cotton wool, etc them from the baby aisle rather than the beauty aisle in grocery stores - particularly as the price for the exact same product in the beauty aisle is generally considerably higher than it is in the baby aisle.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I buy them in bulk to save money. You can buy this in bulk on Amazon and it is much cheaper than my local grocery store. I use ti all of the time, but I hate how my family rips right through them.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Cotton pads are cheap enough where I live and a large pack can easily be found in any discount store. I don't care too much for the more expensive, branded varieties, I'm perfectly happy with some cheap generic brand.