Couponing tips and tricks

Discussion in Misc & Others started by ISUTracyG • Nov 10, 2013.

1. ISUTracyG

ISUTracyGNew Member

Threads:
    While I'm not an extreme couponer, I do like to save money and often times get stuff free, and sometimes even get paid to buy items.

Target allows you to stack coupons, meaning you can use one store coupon (tons available on the Target website) and one manufacturer coupon on the same item, and if you use the Cartwheel app you can save certain percentages off select items too.

Walmart allows coupons to be more than the price of an item, (and they price match without the competitor's ad being present) so they will take the extra savings off your other items or even give you cash back if your purchase is less than you saved.

What are your best savings/coupon tips?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In Florida and the Souuthern US, Publix supermarkets have Buy One, Get One Free sales weekly and now Walmart matches that. If you bring the Publix circular to Walmart they give you the BOGO deal.
    Publix also lets you combine manufacturer and store coupons with their BOGO deals, so I've gotten cleaning products for 49 cents at times.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

We just recently got a target in my town not too long ago. I had no idea they did this now that I do I will def be using coupons when I shop there from now on.

4. Plinko

PlinkoMember

Threads:
    Kroger has digital coupons that you can load to your store card. I don't know if they will allow the digital coupons to be stacked with paper coupons. It might be wise to check your store's policy. One thing I like is that they give out free items, usually on Fridays. The freebies are usually good for a couple of weeks, so you don't have to run right to the store to use them.

5. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    This may seem like common sense, but I would suggest not to buy things that you normally wouldn't buy without a coupon. It is one thing to buy a different brand because you have a coupon. It is completely different to buy something you wouldn't buy at all only because you have a coupon. You will never save any money like that.

6. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    That is pretty amazing; it makes me wonder how Walmart can afford to do that. Their prices are pretty competitive though so maybe there aren't that many products that are available cheaper someplace else. That's great that Target allows you to stack coupons; I don't go there often, but I'll have to remember this the next time I go shopping. The more you can save while shopping, the more you can save!