Cow's Milk, Soy Milk, Almond Milk and others. What do you prefer?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by justusforus • Oct 28, 2013.

1. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I drink cow's milk because it is the cheapest. I have tried almond milk and soy milk in the past and loved it, but it just gets too expensive to buy it all the time, especially when I drink it as much milk as I do. I love the taste of milk and drink at least two glasses every day. It is healthy for you and tastes great.

2. jazzalazz

jazzalazzMember

Threads:
    I grew up on cow's milk and continue to drink it with my breakfast. For coffee, I like to add soy milk (for health) or condensed milk (for sweetness). I have tried almond milk and I did not like the taste of it, so I will stick to my cow's milk.

3. FloraFauna

FloraFaunaMember

Threads:
    I don't actually drink milk, but I do enjoy the occasional bowl of cereal. Cow's milk doesn't agree with me at all, so I have been using almond milk.

4. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    My family raised goats when I was growing up, and I still prefer it till today. I don't get it much, because it's so hard to find, and I don't like the stuff you get at the store. Sometimes I buy it from the local Amish families around here, but usually, I just buy cow's milk from the store.

5. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    In blind tests, most Americans actually prefer goat's milk to cow's milk (be aware that most of what you can buy is ultra-pasteurized, which causes a burnt taste). Allergy to cow milk is actually quite high, and is frequently mis-diagnosed as lactose intolerance. Lactose free milk actually has enough of the protein modified to reduce allergy. I really enjoy goat's milk, but consume a lot of almond milk to reduce cost.

6. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer almond milk. Cow's milk has never tasted good to me, even when I was young. I never drank it because it didn't taste good to me. Silk makes my throat a little itchy so I think I have a very mild allergy to it. I stick to almond milk but I do bake with cow's milk because it's cheaper and I can't tell the difference.

7. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    Call me odd but I prefer cow's milk, especially when I splurge and buy the organic stuff from a local dairy. We used to have a dairy where I lived that made chocolate milk that tasted like ice cream. I absolutely cannot stand soy milk and almond milk is way too sweet for me. I love goat cheese so I might like goats milk but have never tried it.

8. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I don't drink milk, but I put it over cereal and in coffee. I use cow's milk because of the price. I like skim milk and my partner prefers 2% so we split the difference with 1%. I never could get into soy milk. It smells like baby formula to me. Almond milk isn't bad on cereal. It just costs so much that I can't use it regularly.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like whole cow's milk for drinking and powdered whole milk, like Nido for cooking. A big can of Nido powder can last 3 months when used in recipes that call for milk.
    I save the good liquid milk for drinking and cook with the powdered stuff.

10. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    We purchase cow's milk ( have always had that since I was very little) and almond milk as well. I just find that there is no substitute for regular milk in certain things... cereal for example. Know matter how hard I try I just can't seem to get the taste of anything else to be appealing.

We do love almond milk though, even the kids love it. It has a slightly sweet taste and it's great by itself for that reason. I have never tried rice milk but I would definitely give that a try as well.

Danyel :)

11. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I like cow's milk. I am used to drinking cow's milk. I haven't tried soy milk or rice milk. I am not sure what to expect with soy and rice milk. I heard that rice milk is good, but it doesn't sound like it would be. Soy milk doesn't sound too appetizing to me either. I guess I won't know unless I try them.

12. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like milk in general but my top 3 favorite types of milk would have to be the following:
    1. Non-fat milk with choco flavor
    2. Almond milk (which tastes really great; I can even drink one whole carton)
    3. Soy milk (Vita Soy and any soy milk packets with choco flavoring)

I also like milk seasoned with fruits or fruit-flavored milk.

13. Timetrvlr

TimetrvlrMember

Threads:
    I'm an avid milk drinker but In recent years I've become lactose intolerant as many older people do. First we tried Soy milk; it's okay but just not the same really. However, my wife discovered that soy milk was great for making tapioca pudding that's high in protein and tastes the same as when cows milk is used. Then we discovered lactose-free milk, real cows milk with lactase enzyme added to make it digestible for those of us that have become lactose-intolerant. It really works too, much to my wife's relief, since I'm no longer such a gassy old guy and the whole house smells better. Lactose-free milk is more expensive and tastes slightly sweeter than regular milk.

14. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    If I could drink it anymore it would be whole cow's milk. I really do not care for the subs, so I just take supliments instead of getting the natural stuff.

15. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of milk and I drink cow's milk. I prefer 100% whole milk. I also enjoy chocolate milk as well as strawberry milk. My favorite tends to be strawberry milk, though I don't drink it as often as other types of milk. Mostly because it's more expensive and you can't use it on cereal and things such as that.

16. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Cow milk. Wtihout lactose, because I'm intolerant. Still beats almond/soy milk by miles. I really don't care for the taste of those two.. The cow milk without lactose is a lot sweeter than normal one, but I think I actually prefer it that way. :)

17. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Raw cow milk, unpasteurized, is the best milk I have ever tried. Soy milk is okay, but overrated. Almond milk is nasty, because most of those type are way too sugary and tastes more like a creamer. I have not tried any other animal milk, but will try to do so in the near future. Also, I rarely drink milk much, and opt to eat butter instead; my intestines are the best at digesting milk and I get sick if I drink more than a 12 oz cup of it a day.

18. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm lactose intolerant so cow's milk is for sure out. Although, I use to drink it when I was younger because I was a kid/teenager and back in those days they didn't have soy or rice milk and I like pizza and wanted to eat like everyone else was. But I was bloated looking like I was 3 months pregnant all the time lol. Once I got older I stopped eating it and switched to rice/soy milk and just eat cheese less pizza.

19. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    So, I didn't think that I liked almond milk based on a few less than stellar experiences with it, but I decided to give it another try recently and it was actually fantastic! So I'm preferring almond milk these days, with soy milk as a second. I've never liked cow's milk, it always ends up making me feel a bit sick for the rest of the day. I'm not much for rice milk either.

20. Hamz10

Hamz10Member

Threads:
    I'm Lactose Intolerant so I have Arla Lacto-Free milk. It's normal milk with the lactase enzyme implemented with it so I don't lose any flavors of milk! It's a really good product for me and it's always on sale at my local Tesco!