Cracker Toppings

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Oct 11, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    For the longest time I've just been using tuna salad to top or dip my crackers in, and now I'm kind of getting tired of it. Coincidentally, I just got gifted a huge tub of Ritz crackers so I'm now finding myself wanting to experiment with different toppings for it, and seeing as I'm going to be hitting the grocery in a few days, I thought I'd ask you guys for some suggestions first on what I could get and try out. So far I'm only coming up with ham and cheese and maybe cheese whiz too. I'm also planning on finding a good artichoke recipe.

What do you guys usually use to top or dip your crackers in?

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I like corned beef on crackers. I discovered this while I was staying with my cousins. :p Cheese and pepperoni are also good on crackers!

3. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty simple, I like pepperoni and cheese on crackers, preferably Colby jack cheese! that's the best.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The blog FoodWishes has a great recipe for "Beer Cheese" which goes great on crackers and veggies:

I also love smoked salmon with a little cream cheese to hold it in place, garnished with some black pepper and fresh dill. If you've got some red onion on hand, a few slivers of that is great on it too.

Another thing I like to pair with cream cheese or even some sharp cheddar, is the Harry & David brand of pepper and onion relish. I go for the hot variety. You can find other pepper and onion relishes in the condiment section of your grocery store if they don't carry Harry & David or if there isn't one of their stores near you. But I will warn you, it's addictive, it's even great on turkey sandwiches.

An olive tapenade is good too, you could eat it on it's own or perhaps pair it with some sort of salami or cheese.

Peanut Butter and Grape Jam is a classic combo, but I wonder if perhaps you could go a Thai route and do peanut butter with chopped peanuts, sweet chili garlic sauce and some scallions?