Craft Beer

Discussion in Food & Drink started by thisnthat • Mar 3, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Craft beer is something I've grown very interested in. It's far more interesting, and often better quality than its mass-produced counterparts. It isn't cheap though. This is one area in which I'm willing to splurge on occasion. It's that good.

Still, it would be nice to get some deals. Anyone know good places to shop for craft beer or get discounts? I'd also love to talk about your recommendations if you have any to share. Have you tasted any great craft beer lately? What was it like?

Just the good stuff. No fake craft beer, please. :p

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Usually, I don't like to drink alcoholic beverages and when I drink, is in small quantity.

My preference is always for craft beers because I think the taste is very peculiar/striking, and the taste is certainly better than the industrialized beers.

I think one of these comments from those who don't usually drink alcoholic beverages is quite valid, right? :p

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Here in Australia there is a beer revolution going on especially in Sydney where I live. Vintners and distillers really take their work very seriously as you know that Australian wine and beer industry is among the top ranked in the world for their taste and price. As they say that craft beer movement is as good as matching with food industry. Beer is available at the cheapest rates here compared to anywhere in the world.

4. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit I have to agree with this. :)

@Ray1@Ray1 I'm very envious. ;) I wish I had your nice selection of craft beer that is readily available and affordable. It's far from cheap where I am, so I have to choose sparingly.

Speaking of matching with food, it's interesting to pair different styles of craft beer with different types of food. This could even be another selling point. I saw an offer on beer, if you bought certain food items along with it. At the time, I wasn't shopping for beer, so I missed out. I'll have to look for more offers like that.

#4Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat I agree, it is totally different from your place where as in your place it is associated with "Traditional, small and independent" but here it is different as three of the biggest beer producers here are owned by big players like Foster's or Lion Nathan so do not qualify to be called as Craft beer with your standards because all the producers put together in Australia would not reach even 3-4% of the total quantity produced in your area but the rates are really too attractive here. Go to Aldi or Cole and see the shelves stuffed with AU$22 for 12 or AU$13.95 for 12 cans of 350 ml or as low as $0.40 per 100 ml

#5Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  6. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    That's interesting. Thanks for the info.

They do have some craft beer at Aldi here, and it is cheaper than you can find it in package stores. I haven't noticed any Australian beer, but I'll be on the look out for it next time I go. I can pick up some other varieties for a few bucks less per six pack. They often have Schafly on sale there for roughly 2 bucks less than it is at other nearby stores.

I didn't even know they carried craft beer. I don't have one super close to home, so I don't get there too often. My mother has one on every corner. She noticed the beer first and told me about it.

Schafly makes an okay oatmeal stout. I'll have to see if they carry it.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat here Coles Supermarket chain beats them all as they bring so attractive offers on products like these that people do not mind going few extra miles to grab them. However Aldi is as good as others when it comes to price. Have a look at this and mind you AU$ is 25 lesser than US$