Craft Item Sales

Discussion in Home & Garden started by acheno84 • Jun 10, 2016.

1. acheno84

acheno84Member

Threads:
    I may be crazy, but I cannot find a specific section for craft projects. Anyway, I've recently learned to crochet, but I've been knitting and looming for years. I have a few of the craft store apps downloaded so I can keep up on the coupons and sales ads, but does anyone have another way that they get these discounts sent to them? I usually just save up the 40-50% off coupons for regular price items and make a few trips while that coupon is valid.

Where have you seen the best savings for craft items?

2. LordAndSaver

LordAndSaverMember

Threads:
    One of the best ways that you can save money on crafts is by getting items from thrift stores. For example, if you need yarn, you could buy a few sweaters and unravel them for their yarn; this is something my sister does. Also, I normally do see a lot of crafts and things by themselves at thrift stores, only second hand. I like buying cheap lamps and either cleaning them up or crafting them into an art piece. My girlfriend likes to buy lampshades and paint designs onto them so when they light up, there's a cool effect. If you're really ambitious, you could always sell your crafts on etsy to subsidize your hobby.

3. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    You can get a break on your yarn from HobbyLobby.com. I go into the store and choose my yarn. Get the brand and style name. Then I go to the website and order in bulk. It's a little cheaper, and you are more likely to get matching dye lots if you order online too.

4. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I happen to work at a place where we go through all sorts of crafts and I am at the point where I can pretty much make anything from anything to have it be an activity, so I love these types of sales. Something like what @cluckeyo@cluckeyo mentioned would be right up my alley. I usually tend to find these types of sales in bunches though, and they are not very regular or consistent, but maybe that is just a local thing.