creating an online store

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by etc • Jan 8, 2013.

1. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I was thinking of creating an online store lately and the first thing I did was to search for suppliers offering their products and if possible consignee basis. and so I chat with some of them and show me their websites where they also sell their products. Some ecommerce websites i saw were also located to where I am so I'm thinking whether people will still buy online thru my websites when they can just buy off line which is way near. Do you think its worth creating an ecommerce website in a city with tons of offline stores offering the same products?

2. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    If you have better price, people would love to shop online. Nowadays internet shopping becomes more popular and grows quickly.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had my own online business and people from all over North America were buying from me. I sold items you can grab at the mall (although, not as good, if I do say so myself lol), but there are always people that like how you market your product or that you save them time from having to drive through traffic and browse etc. I say go for it, there are people for every online business, you'd be surprised.

4. bargain

bargainNew Member

Threads:
    This is the new innovative idea and really applicable in the modern days.People love to buy online as it is more easy and flexible.

#4Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It might be a good idea cause some people prefer to shop in the comfort of their home instead of having to go out

6. Michael Brown

Michael BrownNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I agree to that, creating online store is good business venture. I also used to buy online though there are plenty of online stores to choose from, good customer service is one great reason to consider in patronizing one's online store.

7. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    If you can offer better prices than the street shops to the consumers, then creating an online store is a great way to do that. This is the common thing now and I'm sure a lot of people today prefer to shop online because it's cheaper and more convenient. Just make sure that you get the traffic you need for the people to know or see your online store. You need to do necessary research on how to build up the online store as this would be the way for you to get the earnings you want.