Credit Card Rewards

Discussion in Credit Cards started by Alexandoy • Jul 1, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is your credit card the ordinary card where you use to purchase and you get a billing to pay? Mine is a BDO credit card where I earn reward points for my purchases. For grocery items, I earn about 1/2 point for every hundred pesos of purchase in affiliated stores. It also applies to my gas purchases. The points can be converted into money but only for purchases. In other words, I can use the reward points I earned for my purchases.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We got that too, it's reward points for spending using your credit card. We recently put the points to our statement and got $10 to be deducted from our next statement. We have to have a certain amount of points to get rewards. It's worth it for we use the card anyway, now we get rewarded for using our credit cards, it's great!

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I think most credit cards have rewards feature. Some even have miles program where you can exchange the points for plane tickets. I have three different cards that I I use for different purposes. One card gives me 3% reward for fuel. The other cards let me exchange the points for gadgets or appliances. Some cards give instant reward like a wallet or watch if I spend a certain amount within the promo period which is quite easy to do because I can simply charge and pay the bill amount on the same day.

#3Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  4. LesY

LesYMember

Threads:
    I had those types of credit cards until I discovered one that gave me miles to travel with my favorite airline. Since then I prefer to use that one instead of the others, of course the more you spend the more you earn but I´m fine with the idea that maybe every one or two years I can have a "free" travel. I guess these kind of credit cards work better for me because I don´t have a house to maintain or many bills to pay.

5. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    When I go shopping I use my credit card after I have paid for my shopping to add up my points. These points help me to make free purchases when I don't have enough cash during my shopping or can be used to add up as cash. This reduces my shopping expenses and I'll use my credit card always because I know it will help me at one point when I'm stuck.

6. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    My card does not have this option, to be credited to my purchasing or any other bill. Still, there are many contests organized for using cards in some stores and people can win a huge sum of money if they are one of the winners!

7. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I get points for all my purchases and transactions against my credit card, these points are accumulated in my Payback account which I can redeem for some gift or voucher available on their rewards catalogue. I recently redeemed my points for a Pizza Hut voucher and it made a nice change as I received the e-vouchers within a few minutes!

8. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use a credit card because in my opinion when you are using credit cards, you can hardly control your expenditure. You might use the entire limit and end up paying a very big credit card bills. I use debit card, when I am using my debit card, I can use it until there is soome balance left. I use my debit cards on point of sales where I get rewards for purchase. I can redeem the points with cash back or free shoping vouncher.

9. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    We have this concept called "payback" points with my credit card company. And they seem to give some points back with every purchase. And this can be good enough for the earning some level of points for future purchase. And it is good enough for buying some other stuff too. I personally think that credit card rewards can be useful if you want to get more items in future. That's what I have learned.

10. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    It is a benefit very advantageous, but it is necessary to buy a minimum to be worth. Otherwise, you can't change points, inasmuch as after a time the points can expire.

I use a credit card which doesn't offer rewards, however it doesn't change payment of annuity.