Credit cards for poor credit scores

Discussion in Credit Cards started by vpresson • Nov 5, 2012.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is there any credit cards who accept poor credit? My credit isn't all that great not due to any collections but due to i don't have anything on my credit i have one credit card that went over put paid that off in full. Are their any credit cards that are unsecured for people with not such good credit?

2. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I understand where you are coming from with the need to establish credit with an unsecured credit card. My concern is and it should be yours too is, can you afford the fees and interest charges? Since these cards are "unsecured" companies charge not just high annual fees but the interest rates as well. Applied Bank Unsecured Visa Gold Card charges $125 for the first year's annual fee and increases to $180 by the 2nd year onwards. Interest is also high at 29.9%. Another example is First Premier Bank MasterCard with an APR of 59% and an annual fee of $120. Also some unsecured cards also have no grace period. This means that once you purchase an item it starts to accrue interest not like other cards that only start charging interest from the date the statement got printed or generated. At the end of the day it might be best to save some money for 3 or 4 months and then just use your savings to get a secured card from your local bank instead.

3. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I do not know of any types of credit cards that offer an unsecured line of credit for people with poor and no credit. I think I am going to try and get a store card, or a gas card. This might be a good way to reestablish credit.