Credit Report Issue

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Rosyrain • Sep 2, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I pulled my credit report recently and ran into a situation that I am not sure how to handle. There is a small medical bill collection on there, but the creditor is not listed so I have no clue where the bill is from. I called all of the clinics I have been to in the last few years and non of them know anything about it. What should I do?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have an answer for you, but I find this to be very interesting and would like to hear how you end up handling it. Can you do a google search with whatever information is listed on your report? Maybe that will be a starting place.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Gee, that's a big problem. I think you have to report it and an investigation would be done. There is a similar case here where a credit card was used in an unknown place. The findings was someone had done a skimming job - swiping the card to get the details that would be entered to another card that can be used by the criminals. I don't know if the credit card company waived the bill because they admitted that a crime had been committed. Sadly, they were not able to identify the culprits.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Write a dispute letter to the credit bureau stating the bill is not yours. You are disputing the entry on your report, it is the job of the credit bureau to verify that it is your bill or remove it. It will take about 45 days for the bureau to investigate the issue and respond to you. They will either remove the information from your report or let you know who the creditor is concerning the entry. Hope that helps.

5. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:
    Maybe you can contact the company the credit report came from and ask them if they could give you the information on it. I have never really had this issue so not sure how to go about it. But i'm sure if you call the credit company they can help. I have never heard of a credit report not having the name of the collection agency information on it. That's rare. Hope you get it fixed.