Credit Score Rise! Keep At It!

Discussion in Personal Finance started by Rosyrain • Feb 29, 2016.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am encouraged to find out that my credit score is on the rise! I have been working on things for months, saving money, paying off bills, working with a credit councilor through my mortgage company and just plain making a ton of phone calls. It has been a lot of hard work and very time consuming but my credit score is finally on the rise and is paying off. Keep at it and you will eventually see improvement.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have to do the same at hour home too for there is always something that you need, but don't have the cash for so you whip out your credit card and buy. The thing is to stop buying which is easier said then done! My Mom is the banker at home and she keeps a very tight rein on our credit card buying. We are disciplined when it comes to buying and that's where we find is the most helpful to our credit score being good. But I tell you it's so tempting when you see things you want on sale! :confused:

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I keep my credit card at home now so I am not even tempted to use it at all. I do not want to put myself in a financial hardship when I have worked so hard to get out of the one we had. I am still working at it, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel now. If I can't pay cash for it, then I do not need it.

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I tried doing that but I just kept drowning so I ended up going bankrupt. I do not have any credit cards anymore and I do not want them any time soon. I am trying to save money but that is hard right now since I lost my job a month and a half ago. I slowly learning to be more conscious of my money and where it goes. I am trying everything to earn money online before we move out of state. Congratulations on getting your credit score to go up as that is not an easy task.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's great! I am doing the same even though there are times when I feel like I haven't really saved enough. On the whole, I could say I'm relatively debt-free and would be more than capable of opening a new credit line. I took another credit card for a future project and am hoping against hope they'll approve my application. I haven't heard any feedback lately but I hope to hear positive news soon.

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have one credit card and I am now only using it for emergencies. Knock on wood that it does not happen because I do not want to carry a credit card balance at all for the time being. I only buy something small that I can pay off before the credit card bill is due again. I am really pleased at all of the progress I have made even though there is more left to do.

7. Bash7

Bash7New Member

Threads:
    Your are absolutely correct... Keep at it! I checked my credit score earlier and this and I was hurt! I have always had a decent credit score but I didn't realize how much spending I had been with my credit cards. I was sliding and making the monthly payments but the average on my cards was ridiculous! When I received my taxes this year I decided to pay off two of my credit cards and 2 of my husband's cards and it was a pleasure watching my credit score go up. Now I'm more focused on my spending andmy credit because I really want to be in the high 700 club one day!

8. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am working hard to get to the 700 club as well, but it is going to take some work. Check your credit report as well because there are some things that can be removed and improve your score that way. The best way to improve your score quickly is to pay down all of your credit cards to less than 20% of your credit limit.

9. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Way to go Rosyrain. My creditscore went up the last time I looked at it, but it is still below average. I do owe some money and was recently given a great deal by Target to pay off my balance, but I just can't swing it. It is too bad. I thought about contacting them and asking them to stretch it out by a few months..but I haven't done it. I might still do it. I do feel a little bit bad about it, but mostly I feel bad because it affects my credit score. I thought they had charged it off.

10. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    My credit score is still below average but I am working hard to do everything I need to to raise it and it is not so painful anymore when I do check my score. I just paid my credit card down to 50% and next month I am going to pay it down to less than 20%. It is a shame that most people have to learn about credit the hard way, they should teach more about personal finance in school.

11. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    It's great news that your credit score is rising, and I think that there are many things that each of us can do in order to help it get a little higher. I use my credit card a lot and pay off my balance in full each month, and I know that this is helping my score a lot. Having a high credit score is great as it can help you a lot in the future, so it is certainly something that you should aim for if you can.

12. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    It has been a long road and you really have to work at it if you are going to see any improvement. I have had to dispute a few things on my credit report and actually saw a few deletions as a result of my efforts. It is a good feeling. You have to take an active approach though, don't just sit back and try to let your credit resolve itself.

13. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Being fiscally responsible and smart is a very hard thing to do. But I'll tell you what, it's very rewarding. There's nothing better than financial piece of mind. There's nothing better than being able to pay cash for everything you want. It requires a lot of hard work, a lot of discipline, and a forward thinking vision. Most people in our country are impulse buyers. The savings rate in this country is pretty pitiful, though it has gone up in recent years. So be different. You'll be better off for it.

14. Gena

GenaMember

Threads:
    My boyfriend is currently working on improving his credit score. Since we started dating, he's seen some improvement. I never realized how hard it is to raise your credit score. Mine has always been good, because I was taught well by my father. Going through this with my boyfriend makes me realize whatever I do, I do not want to destroy my score. It's a lot easier to maintain a high score than it is rebuild a new one.