CreditKarma for free credit scores and card recommendations

Discussion in Credit Cards started by vagabondmom • Jul 10, 2012.

1. vagabondmom

vagabondmomNew Member

Threads:
    CreditKarma is the real deal - you get a real score from TransUnion from them for free and you get card recommendations based on your score.

The cards are reviewed by users

and there is a section where you can find resources or ask for advice. I had terrible credit two years ago and this site has helped me bring it up to OK standing by finding cards that would take me on.

I highly recommend this site for anyone looking for a new card or to learn about their credit score. Hope it helps!

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Interestingly enough, I just checked out this site for the first time this morning before coming here. It was unexpected to me that they offered me ways to raise my credit rather than just telling me how bad it was, haha!

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    It is awesome up until they charge you if you don't cancel on time. I tried creditkarma once and was pleased but wasnt willing to pay the membership. As long as you cancel on time they dont charge you and you get to see your credit score which is nice. They do however hunt you down for quiet some time after you cancel - just hit spam on their emails and you're set

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Is there a membership fee??? Oh, wow, I completely missed that! Thanks for the heads up!

5. adamnawroc

adamnawrocNew Member

Threads:
    Quizzle and Credit.com are a couple of other options.

Credit.com gives you a score once a month that is based on your TransUnion score. Quizzle gives you a score based on your Experian report two times a year.

Make sure to read the terms carefully with all three options mentioned in this thread. If you place a high value on your privacy then you may be better off paying Equifax the $7.95 for your credit score.

6. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I love this site...I've used it and acutally compared it to my Transunion score...not exact, but close enough to be considered accurate. And IT'S COMPLETELY FREE. THis is the only site I know of where this is the case...and you don't have to sign up for credit monitoring or any other subscription service. Keep in mind, it only reflects one of your scores...not all three...but this is a great way to keep tabs on your credit score without spending a lot of money