Cremation Urns

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Diane Lane • Sep 9, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have looked over the years at various cremation urns, because when they pass, I try to have my pets cremated, if I can afford it. I will be purchasing a few urns when I can afford them, but had to look into urns for another reason recently, and came across this site:

. The prices are better than a lot of the other sites I've encountered, and they have a nice selection. The company is based in Minnesota and apparently ships to Canada, as well as the United States. I'm not sure about other areas. They have an A rating with the BBB, which is nice to know, and many customers seem very satisfied. Also, they are affiliated with Ebates.

2. Diane Lane

Threads:
    The urn arrived the other day from PerfectMemorials, and I wanted to write a follow up post. The package arrived within the specified time frame, even without paying for expedited shipping. The free shipping offered was enough to get it within 4 days or so, even though there was a weekend in between. The package was extremely well packed, and thankfully, the urn, which is quite decorative, arrived in one piece with no imperfections. The engraving was also done well, and exactly as requested.

3. AntonioCalcano

AntonioCalcanoNew Member

Threads:
    Having an urn for your pet is actually a very spiritual experience, I had a dog that passed away two years ago and we were debating over burying him or having him cremated; we ended up choosing the cremation option, that way we could have him by our side always. What was most heart breaking about all this story is that we had him euthanized because he was very sick and old :( but we're good now and always remembering the good times that we had with him.

4. Peachdejour

PeachdejourMember

Threads:
    You know what? This website is actually perfect timing for me right now for many reason. I have been shopping urns and it can be very expensive if you don't know where to go for a good urn at a good price. Thank you for posting this!

5. Diane Lane

Threads:
    @AntonioCalcano@AntonioCalcano You can usually have your pet's (or pets') ashes buried with you, if you choose to be buried, or perhaps mingled with yours and sprinkled with yours if that's what you choose.

You're welcome @Peachdejour@Peachdejour. It's a fact of life that we won't make it out alive, and many are choosing to be cremated these days, because it's less expensive, or for other reasons. If you're going to keep the ashes, these urns are nice enough to display, and some choose to set up a memorial area in their home dedicated to their loved one, with the urn as a centerpiece.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a pet lover and we had our 2 dogs cremated. The ashes are in a special wooden box with nice lettering of the dog's name and important dates (birth and death). But the ashes are actually inside a plastic bag only. I didn't know that they already have an urn for cremated pets. Maybe we have that kind of urn here in the Philippines. But I am not hinting on anything since our 3 dogs are still young and healthy although the oldest is 9 years old already.

7. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Couple of months ago our cat died. She seems to have eaten rat poison which we left for the rats. We buried our cat under a lychee tree in our garden. When I look at the tree, I can feel my cat around me. Many years ago when our dog died, we buried him under our mango tree. I can feel my dog when I go to that tree. This is the best way to remember my dead pets.