Crinkle cut or regular french fries?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by justusforus • Jan 7, 2014.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Burger King has just added the old fashioned thicker "crinkle cut" fries under the name "satisfries". Do you like the thin fries, crinkle cut or some other type (curly fries or steak cut fries)?

2. smlewis00

smlewis00Member

Threads:
    I love any kind of fries! :) Drizzle fries in cheese and bacon or ketchup and I'm ready to chow down! My favorite fries would have to be thin fries, dipped in ketchup with a lot of black pepper. Steak N shake has delicious thin cut fries. I love them! At Burger King, I like their regular fries.
    My husband prefers crinkle cut fries. He loves the crinkle cut fries from White Castle.
    I really am a sucker for fried foods, so crinkle cut or regular, fries are fantastic! :)

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer thin fries. I associate crinkle cut fries with school lunches and frozen Ore Ida potatoes. To me, fast food fries are shoestring potatoes like the ones at McDonald's.

4. dapapas

dapapasNew Member

Threads:
    I don't care for Burger Kings french fries at all. But generally, i like anything that's not a regular fry over a regular fry. Crinkle cut, those little spiral ones, sweet potato fries. When the choice isn't going to be much more expensive, I'll take those over the regular fry. I live on the wild side!

5. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite are the sort fo steak cut sizes, but I prefer thin cut over crinkly. I mean I love chips of any kind so it's nice to have a bit of variety now and again but I certainly wouldn't take them if there were alternatives available. I actually chop and cook my own sometimes so I normally have a shape thats not quite steak cut but more like an oblong.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have eaten the regular and the curly type of fries, McDonald's called them "Twister Fries", and the Twister Fries tasted a bit different and more salty than the regular fries, so I think I'd go for the regular fries instead.

7. maee9713

maee9713New Member

Threads:
    My favorite are soft fries, it doesn't matter to me if they're big, small, crinkle cut, straight, or any other kind. I just like soft fries. I don't like the small crispy fries. I think my favorite fast food fries would have to be Wendy's. They're soft and salty!

8. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't care what fries, I love all fries no matter the shapes and sizes. :D I think it's the flavor that counts and not really how fries look like. As long as they taste good I don't care if it's cube shaped.

9. rdahl125

rdahl125New Member

Threads:
    It honestly depends on what I'm in the mood for. Usually I prefer McDonald's fries when I'm in the mood for fast food fries, because even BK's regular fries now don't really have what I picture as the "fast food" taste. However I've tried the new Burger King fries as well and I think they're both really good!

10. jtucci21

jtucci21Member

Threads:
    Oh man. Arby's curly fries. Angelic thick ringlets of delicious pleasure. They're one of the only fries out there that taste good cold too. Anyone know how they season them? That might save me some money… since we're on a money saving forum, after all.

11. Collin1000

Collin1000Member

Threads:
    I am not *normally* a crinkle cut fry person. However, I have tried the new satisfries and they taste GREAT. Exactly the right level of salt, potato, and "crisp" in them. I am definitely "satisfied" with "satisfries" and I hope they become a permanent menu item. (right now they are "limited time only).

12. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    The only time I enjoy crinkled fries is when I cook them at home myself. Otherwise, as far as fast food fries, I prefer them to be thin and crisp.

Also, in my opinion, if you're eating at a fast food joint, you shouldn't be worried about fat and calories. If those two things are your concern, eat at home.

13. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I love crinkle fries! I like to sprinkle them with salt AND pepper.

And I agree with True2Marie -- fast food places really aren't the places to go when you're on a diet, that's for sure!!

14. Plinko

PlinkoMember

Threads:
    I try to avoid french fries because they aren't that good for me. They are so tasty, but I can think of so many other foods I should be eating instead of fries. I love the steak fries, the thin ones, the crinkle cuts. I guess I have to be happy with loving them from afar.

15. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer crinkly cut over the regular ones. They seem to fry better, they are thicker and softer. Lately however I have been seeing more Sweet Potato Fries and they are so incredibly yummy! I learned how to easily make them at home and just how I like them, a little bit thicker so softer inside and they are better for you. Its really easy to do. Peel them and then cut them anyway you like, I prefer in a round shape is the easiest, and instead of regular oil I use coconut oil and fry them till they fit my tastes. Longer if you prefer crunchy, shorter cooking time if you like them soft inside. I think those are my favorite kind of fries.

16. erikao1o

erikao1oMember

Threads:
    I think that I love all types of fries. It's nice to get some crinkle cut fries every once and awhile, but usually I think I prefer regular fries. I'm going to add a whole other type of fries to the equation, what do people think about waffle fries? I think they're amazing, but it's rare to find a restaurant that serves them. I always get super excited when I see waffle fries on the menu. Yummmmmy!