Crochet Baby Items For Baby Shower

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Jasmine2015 • Jan 11, 2016.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    Well I can crochet and was asked to make some baby clothes and a blanket for a baby shower coming up soon. The baby is supposed to be born in June so I'm hoping the shower is just a few months away. I was thinking on what to crochet because the baby is a boy and there is not a lot of patterns for baby boys. I have tried pintrest as a good start. It would be nice to make a summer outfit since the baby would be born in the summer. It would also be nice if I knew the shower theme but nothing is confirmed yet.

Has anyone received crochet baby items as a gift and what did you like/ dislike?

2. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    I love crochet baby photo props!! They're adorable! My grandma made my daughter a hat when she was newborn.

They have tons online... they look like this

ea84c9fba2c75d3bcab97ac04e62a72a.
    prop.
    product-hugerect-138508-66653-1371439403-0b32c8119a910bdf72084a755f888872.

That's just a few of them... THEY HAVE TONS! They are kind of expensive too... so, if you really like making them you could sell them on eBay for a nice profit.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually stick to baby blankets. You never seem to have enough, so they are always a hit. They aren't as big as regular blankets, so they aren't too difficult either. There are lots of cute crochet patterns to make your baby blanket stick out. You can find tons of free patterns online, so I wouldn't go buying any until you've had a chance to look around. I bet you can find some good, free, ones. Good luck.

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I love crocheted baby blankets. My mom used to make baby sets like that and sell them. She would make the blanket, hat, sweater, and booties. I was sad when I was pregnant with my first child because my mom had passed away and I never had her make me a set. Luckily, my aunt made one for me and I will always treasure it. Pintrest has so many different patterns for babies and many times you can find free patterns on there. It would be cute to have the blanket match the theme of the shower or maybe the theme of the baby's room.

5. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I now have an update as far as the baby shower. Everything is to have a rubber duck theme to it. Pinterest is definitely my place to go for lots of ideas. The crochet items are so cute and so are the posing babies! I think I will be using a lot of blue ( to represent water) and a baby duck swimming along for the blanket.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds cute. I'm sure you can find plenty of good stuff for inspiration on Pinterest for your handmade gift. I've seen a few rubber ducky crochet items on there. I've seen some of Etsy too that you could eyeball for ideas. I'm sure you will come up with something adorable.

I think a baby shower is the perfect occasion for homemade gifts. Those items are things a child can keep for a lifetime or maybe even pass down to their own kids someday. I mean, stuff from all those cute babies stores is nice (although pricey), and those items aren't generally things that will be passed down from generation to generation even though they cost a lot. Handmade baby items on the other hand, are more likely to be keepers.