Cruise Travellers

Discussion in Travel started by to7update • Dec 27, 2016.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I never took a cruise in my life, but it's something I am seriously considering. So I'd like to ask here, anyone already took a cruise? It's pretty much like book all-included holidays right, or are there some differences I should consider when booking? Any tips or advice?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We are frequent travelers and in fact, we have a trip to Malaysia, Japan, Hongkong in the first half of 2017 while we had been to 3 countries plus some provinces this year. We have considered taking a cruise but when we got the details, my wife was turned off by the cost. Take note that we travel via budget plane tickets that we avail during the promo period. If we go on a cruise, the expense is equivalent to about 4 trips abroad. So right now a cruise is out of our bucket list.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    How I wish I could travel to other countries too. That is only my dream for I have never been to those places which have attracted lot of tourists for the beautiful cities, scenic views, historical museum, among others. Even in my own country, though I travel but to a limited places where I have to attend seminar, workshop or conferences but not as often as it is. Therefore, I would just content myself of reading, online search and research. In short, I am just good for virtual travel.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have traveled by cruiser ship although none of my journeys come under those famous big cruiser ships. Most of my journeys consist of 3-7 days with cabin facility and guided tour inclusive in and around my own country. However, I am looking forward to a New Zealand- Australia trip in coming year during my stay in Canberra.

5. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I have realized that, taking a cruise is far more expensive than traveling by plane, but at the same time it's something we must indulge ourselves with at least once in a lifetime right? :) I'd love to visit New Zealand and Australia as I've heard it's beautiful, are you from that area @Ray1@Ray1?

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am from the Philippines and we have plans of traveling to the southern countries that you mentioned probably this coming year of 2017. We have relatives in Australia so we can get some support in terms of arrangements. But with New Zealand, we would be total strangers there so we have to be ready with our pocket money.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am from India but will be going for a three years' posting in mid February. I will be stationed in Canberra but my job will take to most part of Australia. I have my plans to take a cruse tour besides staying some time in snow clad areas. I must mention it here that I come from north India and I live close to Himalayas.

8. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    That seems to be a really beautiful area of the world @Ray1@Ray1 and @Alexandoy@Alexandoy, I've never been to that region, but I've seen it on TV. I do have beautiful regions close to where I live too, a Mediterranean cruise or to the North or Europe can be breathtaking.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have never gone either, but too have thought about it quite a bit. The good news is that there are a lot of sites that you can use to find some good deals, so when the time does come, you should be covered there.