Crunch Snack Bars: Caramel & Coconut (Girl Scout Cookie Flavor)

Discussion in Product Reviews started by lrd913 • Oct 2, 2014.

1. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    Anyone try these snack bars yet?

I did and I will say that they are a great replacement for the Samoa Girl Scout Cookie. They taste just like them! I'm a big fan of Girl Scout Cookie season, and I just never seem to buy the right amount of boxes to last me.

I found a box of these at Target for $2.78 on clearance. I'm not sure whether that was due to Overstock or it being a seasonal item, but it was a pretty good find. They seem similar to the Butterfinger Crisp bars that I used to buy.

The Crunch bars consists of a cookie wafer, with a coconut and caramel creme, which is covered in chocolate. Small as they might be the pack a load of flavor.

Anyone else like them? Has anyone else tried them?

Attached Files:

#1Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes! I love them. I also thinks its a great idea especially if a percentage of it still goes towards the Girl Scouts. If it does not go towards the Girl Scouts I would think they might get pretty ticked off like gang members whose turf has just been trampled upon. The chocolate coconut ones are my favorites though. The next one would be the peanut butter ones so I hope they also come out with those too!

3. Trex78

Trex78Member

Threads:
    I'd be game for a replacement of the girl scout's cookies. Have you noticed how much per box they are charging these days!? It's like 5 bucks!

The next little rosy-cheeked con artist who tries to grin her way into my pocketbook with her overpriced cookies is getting a piece of my mind.'

Don't worry. There is absolutely no way that Nestle would use the Girl Scout's brand unless they had worked out a deal behind doors. They would get their butts sued off otherwise. And the deeper your pockets get, the more terrifying lawsuits become. Zero, I say zero, chance that the Scout's aren't already in on this.

4. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    My mother worked for a Girl Scout Council in Pennsylvania and these always caused confusion for everyone. People wouldn't buy Girl Scout cookies because they "already donated" when they bought these snack bars. The Girl Scouts don't get any money from the sales, I'm not sure if there is a deal through the corporate offices and Nestle or not, but there could be a deal going on.

Very confusing for customers since it shows "Girl Scouts" on the box and bars.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I used to buy Crunch bars in the past but I have to say I like the miniature bars the best. It feels as if they taste better when eaten through miniature packs than through regular-sized ones. I can't recall whether I purchased this particular flavor. Perhaps I should keep this Caramel and Coconut flavor in mind for future purchases.

6. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    We love them!!! I am a huge fan of Girl Scouts so I am happy some of the money benefits them as well. We are having a hard time finding them at our local stores though. I'm not sure if maybe they are discontinuing them? I keep looking but don't seem to find them anywhere. I think I will send a quick email to the company to see what the status is.

Danyel :)

7. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    These are ok. If I never had an actual Samoa cookie in my life I would probably think they were amazing. I'll stick to stocking up on cookies in the spring and gaining my five Samoa pounds. I did see a recipe for Samoa cheesecake recently and think I'll give that a go, though.

8. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen these in the store all of the time, but I never tried them. I wasn't sure if I would like them which is why I didn't try it. Now that I know some of you have tried it, I might check it out to see what it tastes like. I am not a fan of caramel, but I am willing to give it a try.

9. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    These were really good! If you like the Samoa cookies then these would be a really great purchase. I didn't think they would taste as similar but I was wrong - and happy to be so. I do wish that I could find the chocolate mint and peanut butter versions. They didn't have them when I bought these.

10. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    My mother isn't a fan of caramel either. She ended up liking these because she didn't think the caramel was overpowering. I would give them a try sometime, I think you'll like them. I've looked at other stores but haven't seen them lately, I'm hoping they are still selling them all.