Crypto Currency Investment: Are You Doing It?

Discussion in Personal Finance started by luri • Dec 30, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Crypto currencies, or digital currencies so to speak, are becoming very popular these days. Every day you can see new currency in the market. When I knew bitcoin it was $400, however, currently it is almost $10,000. When I knew Ethereum, it was $11, now it is almost $750. Do you trust crypto currency investment.

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't made a decision yet. I have read about this bitcon. In fact, our youngest son had already started his investment for a month or so. He said it really works and he earns much as if it doubles its investment. My reservation is influenced by the latest trend that BTC has been scammed and many are complaining for their investment. I don't know if this is true for I have just read from the news or blogs.

3. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    No, and I don't ever intend to. I don't have spare money, the market is far too volatile for me to considering investing, and the bitcoin could crash horribly one day making me lose everything I invested. I definitely don't think it's worth it. I guess if you have spare money you can't lose much though..

4. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been thinking of investing in bit coins and I have also been reading in other forums about bit coin wallets. There are some forums that pay with bit coins and so I want to open a bit coin wallet and start trying making profit from it. I don't intend to buy bit coins since it will be my first time to use the currency and so I intend to use faucets to earn some bit coins.

I don't want to worry myself that it might fall someday. I just want to have an experience with it and if I successfully make profits or not, I won't regret my decision.

5. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I am doing it. I have invested into DASH, Ether, Bitcoin Cash and few other coins. And I am going to hold them this year and convert them into USD. Hopefully I can get enough profit. I don't have any long term plans for the coins. And so this year is the end of investment for me. I am hoping to make some reasonable profit in the short run.

6. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I am late into the boat, but I am already in. I could have bought Bitcoin 1 year ago when it was at $900, but was afraid to transfer my money to Coinbase. Finally bought at 3900 in Kraken, which messed it up, sold, and only got back in at $7300 finally in Coinbase, where I still am.

7. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    I have my doubts about investing in crypto currency. The central bank in my country recently advised people not to invest in crypto currency saying it could be a pyramid scheme that could bring people huge losses. However if you are the high risk high returns kind of person then investing in crypto currencies could be a deal breaker for you and you could earn a lot.

8. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't done this but I am planning to invest. Not now, but I think in the near future. I was surprised about how the currency of bitcoin rised though. The people who invested bitcoin in the early 2000's were so lucky since the value of it is so high right now.

9. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Early 2000's bitcoin didn't even existed, but those investing in 2012 or even up to 2016 made a lot of money. These days altcoins are the ones giving more money, but surely any investment has it's risk, so we never know when it's going to crash. We need to have a good timing to get in and out.

10. Eryn

ErynNew Member

Threads:
    I have been familiar with bitcoin for quite some time. I started paying attention to cryptocurrency within months of its creation. I do not currently invest my own finances in cryptocurrency but I do use sites such as EarnCrypto to obtain a variety of currencies. I am now avoiding bitcoin entirely. Forums related to bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are very helpful when making a decision concerning which cryptocurrency to earn and invest. Judging from my own experience and the general consensus throughout the forums I monitor, I believe it is too late for Bitcoin investing. Bitcoin has run its course and a different coin will rise. I am not an expert and I could easily be mistaken so I want to be very clear in stating this is only my own personal opinion.

11. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    First time I hear about Earncrypto, and even if the concept is interesting, as being paid in crypto beats being paid in money. Yeah, it's a little to late to invest in BTC, but I am not seeing any coin surpassing it anytime soon, if ever!

12. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Though I am an early adoptes, I have not fully dived into bitcoin the major reason being, governments are yet to back it. All I hear are warning, the recent being from the governor of the central bank in my country. A similar scenario played out recently in South Korea and bitcoin dropped in value by 20%1

13. pmk1996

pmk1996New Member

Threads:
    I have been investing in ripple currency for quite sometime. However you should be careful before investing in these currencies because one day they will be standardized and this will be a great loss. Also.. Am currently developing my own currency with my own idea before everything is standardized.

It's not a pyramid scheme @Kiama@Kiama .

14. olobunny

olobunnyNew Member

Threads:
    yes I've done a good investment in eth when it was ~1.3$k and sold on $2k with good income ;]