Cryptocurrency Investments

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by RaidAurora • Mar 10, 2014.

1. RaidAurora

RaidAuroraMember

Threads:
    Have you at all been interested in the rise of cryptocurrency? Do you think mining currencies such as dogecoin and its competitors can be profitable? I knew someone who had nearly 300 dollars worth of dogecoins mined using two computers in a university dorm. He didn't have to pay for electricity, so there were no problems there.

How valuable could these currencies be to us as bargain shoppers? Do you think they'll replace traditional currency or is it a fad that'll wear off in a few years?

2. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I think the best time to invest in cryptocurrencies is gone. The best time was when Bitcoin just came out and the value was still very low. If you would need to buy in to the market right now, I think you will lose more money than you will make.

3. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't invest in that market personally, it's far too unstable.
    We saw a few weeks (months?) ago when bitcoin lost 50% of its value overnight.
    I don't think you can really mine nowadays unless you have a super powerful computer, but someone might know more about that than me...

4. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    Personally i never invest in those type things. They never last, and the investors almost always lose money. not to mention the pyramid schemes that arise form these type investments. No thanks for me. I will pass.

5. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    These cryptocurrencies have become too much, they are not that practical. One day they have a high value and the next day it is like they have no value at all. It seems like a ponzi scheme. This is why many countries are still not comfortable allowing their trading.

6. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I do not believe that cryptocurrencies have any inherent value. This is due to the reason that these currencies have been able to pique the interest of people due to their novel nature. I do not believe that these currencies have a future until and unless some world financial regulatory body grants recognition to them. But people have still continued to invest in them and have been mining them because they perceive and opportunity to make a quick buck.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Crypto currency sounds to me like a great way to lose your money if you choose to invest in it. Take bitcoins for example. Is it almost dead?

The same applies to all other crypto-currencies. They're damn too risky to invest in.