Cure For Stinky Feet

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Farrah • Jul 15, 2012.

1. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know how it happened to me, but my feet were just going crazy. I would buy a new pair of shoes or evan sandals, and a week later they would just smell like booty. I take 2 showers a day! I even tried powders. When I thought I was going to have to through away yet another pair of sandals that I had loved, and searched hard for I found the trick. First I scrubbed the inside of the sandal with dove antibacterial soap, they I made a paste out of white vinegar and baking soda, and let that set in over night. Then I rinsed it, and let them sit in the sun to further bleach it out. Ok I killed all the germs there... now the cause of this problem... my feet. After soaking them in hot soapy water for 20 minutes, I dried them, and rubbed coconut oil all over and between my toes. Then put on some socks before bed. ( I do it every night now for good measure) Ahh the smell is finally gone. Coconut oil, it does a stinky foot good.

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Many times, that kind of physical processes is related with hormonal changes. I never thought that coconut oil had that function. I usually do heavy sport sessions and in the hot days I have the same problem as you. The foot health is always an important and worthwhile to have them in good condition. I'll follow your advice when I need it, it is practical and simple. Thank you for comment this tip. :)

3. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I am glad you found a solution to your problem. Your feet must be really lovely and soft after all that coconut oil. My husband, out of habit, puts foot powder in his socks every morning when he dresses. However when he walks around in his socks this leaves a white residue on the floor. I will tell him about the coconut oil. At least the floor will stay clean.:)

4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I know that if you soak your feet or bathe with apple cider vinegar everyday that will cure whatever foot problem you have when in the tub of water, just pour one cup in your bath water. Another thing you can use also is hydrogen peroxide in your bath and it works wonders. Sometimes you have to work with mother nature's cures and they work the best. You can't go to a doctor for everything because they are only putting a bandage on the spot and is not trying to cure what illness you have.

5. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks @Lena51@Lena51 , I like the hydrogen peroxide idea! It sounds very sanitizing. I can't wait to do that soak.

#5Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am glad to near you have found a way to conquer your foot odor problems. It sounds like you put a lot of work into finding the best answer. I have not had that problem myself but had a family member that had really bad foot odor. I will pass on the remedy that you posted here.

7. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    Congrats on finally finding a solution for your feet! But have you tried consulting a podiatrist for your problem?

8. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    One little unknown trick is TEA bags. You take 12 tea bags, stick them in a water bucket of water. After 20 minutes of the tea bags floating around, stick your feet in for 15 minutes. Do this 2x a day for a week and they'll be as good as new.

9. Jessica71

Jessica71New Member

Threads:
    I used to have the same problem of unwearable shoes due to smelly feet. Especially sandals. I tried a lot of home remedies and deodorizing powders, but the thing I found to work was an all natural product called Lavilin. I first bought their shoe deodorizer that worked pretty well. But then I saw they had a Foot Cream, which really worked to eliminate the cause of the odor not just mask it. I don't even use the shoe deodorizer anymore cause I finally have feet that don't ruin my sandals every couple of months!

10. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    That's pretty amazing. I'm surprised that coconut oil had do many powers because I know its amazing for cooking with but to eliminate odors, I find that absolutely incredible.
    I personally always put in those new shoe pads so that my feet feel fresh every time I wear new shoes or an old pair and its worked for me. Thank you for sharing this though because I will definitely be trying it out.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm lucky that I never had to suffer that problem, my brother had that problem, but it was cured by dipping his foot in hot water and using foot powder. Nice info though regarding how people were cured using different products.

12. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Come near me with smelly feet and I'm likely to chop em off! :D Now on a serious note - I've heard that mouthwash is actually good for stinky feet, because of the anti bacterial properties in it. Just soak your yellow tinged nose killers in it for a few minutes and pat them dry with some fire, I mean a towel. :D

13. hellspawn

hellspawnNew Member

Threads:
    get a bucket of plain sand and put each of your feat in there for like 5-10 min, it really works.
    You ofcourse will have to change the sand once in a while ;)

14. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    I've found I get sweaty feet when I wear boots or constricting dress shoes. I don't have chronically smelly feet, but there are definitely times when they don't smell that great after a long day. Usually a shower with a vigorous soaping of my feet will do the trick.

I think for those people with chronic foot smell problems, they may want to consider that there may be a fungal or bacterial infection occurring. It's especially worth looking in to if your skin on your feet peels or is discolouring in any way.

15. Dulcie

DulcieNew Member

Threads:
    @Farrah@Farrah Guys, i have found finally the solution to this problem: CEDAR SOLES. It's so simple and the best is, it' s all natural. Just use them constantly in your shoes and you're never gonna have sweaty feet any more and as a consequence: no foot odor neither :)
    The ones i use are from a german brand called Zederna, i buy them on Amazon.
    Highly recommend them! :)
    Good luck with this!
    Xo

#15May 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  16. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lord, is there nothing coconut oil can't remedy LOL!? I'm glad you were finally able to get rid of that problem. I've never had issues with stinky feet, but I'll be sure to bear your tip in mind if I ever find myself in that situation. But what I've noticed is that some of my shoes do develop a funky smell I don't like, 2 flat pumps in particular are a little stinky. I hope I can wet them, because I want to try that white vinegar and baking soda tip. I'll probably not be able to soak them, though. But I'm wondering if the paste could get rid of the smell, jin the same way it does for stinky fridges.

17. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I never knew coconut oil could also be used for that, thank you for the tip I will for sure give it a try. My husband is so used to using powder which also works for him but he still gets dry areas on his feet which itches him everytime he comes from work. His feet don't stink but his feet are too dry so it is uncomfortable. I will tell him to use coconut oil to moisturize his feet and have them not stink.

18. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I shall definitely try out some of these tips as my feet are really quite disgusting in the summer months. It's my own fault for wearing trainers without socks but I was told that filling your shoes with cat litter would absorb the smell .. I've just never fancied doing it.