Curling iron vs. Hair wand

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Rocky • Apr 10, 2013.

1. Rocky

RockyMember

Threads:
    I have super straight hair and have always fought with it to maintain a nice curl. I normally use a curling iron with some heat protecting spray and then twist and pin my hair up in a loose bun to maintain the curl until it is time for me to leave The House. This method works but by the end of the night my hair is pretty much straight. I recently purchased a hair wand and tried it out. I wasn't overly impressed although it was a bit quicker to curl my whole head. The ends were hard to deal with though and I'm not sure how much I liked it.

Do you use a curling iron or a hair wand?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use a straightener. I do have curling irons.. it's all in the result you're looking for and basically just preference. In my experience, the hotter the tool, the longer the curl. My straightener gets hotter than my other irons and my waves and curls last all day, whereas, before I started using it, my curls would barely last till lunch.

3. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I personally have always used a hair wand and it has always worked for me.
    I use the one called infinity which is just a wand with no clamp from conair.
    It works amazingly on my hair and it actually does hold the curl if I use it on small sections instead of taking huge chunks. I think the key is to hold the curl for about 5-10 seconds and then finish it off with hair primer or mouse to hold the style.

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I have both. But I mostly use a curling iron because I want to achieve a curly hair out of my stubborn straight hair. And I agree with Anna Usorova, that you have to leave it at least 5-10 seconds so you would see the result. :)

5. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I use a curling wand and it works wonders if you want perfect curls. I spray Paul Mitchell hair spray on it and wrap it around slightly tight. This reminds me of the girl on YouTube who burnt her hair off. LOL!!

6. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Just the opposite, i hope i have super straight hair. I always try to keep my hair straight as i like it. So I don't need any curling iron.

7. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I just wet a muslin cloth lightly bunch it up like a rope and curl my rather straight hair around it and pin it to the sides. I use a blow drier to make the curls stay. If I leave this on overnight My curls might stay for the whole day.. I am wary of using the wand or the straightener on my hair. I love my straight hair as I really don't have to do much to keep it tidy.. but If i put up with bobby pins it keeps slipping off and looking messy after a while no matter how many bobby pins I use.

8. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I see the frustration, and it sucks when you want your hair to cooperate and it does its own thing. I have tried both the wand and curling iron, and I personally think that the curling iron is more effective and it isn't time consuming. I don't have a lot of patience so I would go with the curling iron. When you mentioned heat protecting spray, I thought to myself that I can't believe that I don't use that. I can possibly be damaging my hair every time that I apply hear without utilizing that. I will definitely purchase that soon.