Curring Costs On Pets

Discussion in Pets started by luri • Aug 22, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    If you have pets you must have realized that raising a pet is very expensive. Food is not only the spending on pets, you also have to pay for medical checkup and medicines, as well as on grooming. If you want to cut costs on your pet, how do you do this? I avoid buying pet food, instead I make foods for my pets in home. Home pet food saves you a lot of money.

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I do the same thing, I only feed my pets human food nowadays because my cat got sick because of eating dry cat food, he developed kidney stones because of it. So now I just feed my pets human food. I also haven't taken my cats to the vet for their immunization shots. I noticed that my cats live long anyway without them.

3. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    They say store bough pet food comntains genetically modified organism, which could be very harmful for pets. Sotr bought pet food is not only expensive but also unhealthy. Therefore, it is better to give your pet home cooked food. However, you should be careful about not giving too much spucy food to pets.

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, that's true. I did some research, and dry cat food, especially the cheap ones like Whiskas are quite harmful because of the trashy ingredients. I know wet cat food is the better choice when it comes to feeding our pets, but their stool will smell awful, lol

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We feed our 3 dogs with canned dog food only for breakfast. The rest of the meals are cooked food from our kitchen. We do the bathing and grooming on weekends. That takes half of our day but it's all right because grooming in the salon is very expensive. So far, the expenses for our dogs are still tolerable.

6. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I do feed my dog and cat only with pet food, because it may get sick and I will pay even more if I must take them to a vet to cure them, usually the treatment is very expensive.
    Thank God until now my pets were healthy and we didn't need a vet yet!

7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I think that a lot of it can stem from just getting to know your little friend. There are so many times I bought toys and food that went to complete waste when I probably could have predicted it going in.