Customer Service And Good Prices?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Clairelouise84 • Jun 2, 2015.

1. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    Do stores that have both of these really exist? I know I will never go into Tesco again no matter what their price as I experienced some horrendous customer service and homophobia in there. But is customer service important to you when you are at a discount store? Is bad customer service enough to make you leave even if the prices are great?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest it's hard to generalize. My local Tesco are nice and so is Lidl and Aldi. Morrisons are dreadful, but my parents still go as the prices are cheap, but we don't stay and browse. I had one cashier who talked to someone else the entire time and another who told me to key in the item myself on self-checkout when it wouldn't work. As my dad says C- for their customer service. My parents are able to overlook bad service and so can I, but it makes a difference as to how often you will go back.

3. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    Wow that is so rude! Did you complain? That's fair enough I suppose as prices are very low. The Aldi staff near me always seem very friendly and helpful but the Tesco staff in all 3 of the ones near me are downright rude!

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I really think the level of customer service comes down to the employees and the manager, I don't think it really has anything to do with the quality of a store. I've had awesome experiences at low-end stores and miserable experiences at high-end stores.

5. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    That's very true, some of the pricey high end stores have the most stuck up snooty staff ever, they will only kiss your butt if you are super rich and I am definitely not that!

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    In my personal experience, not really. The problem is in order to have really good customer service you have to staff for it, which means more work hours and higher payroll. That has to translate into higher prices unless the store is in a location and building that has very low overhead. That is rare to find because location plays such a big factor in getting customers to come in the first place.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favourite store for customer service and low prices has got to be Wilko's. They are a UK-based chain of homeware/general stores with dirt cheap prices (including branded goods) and helpful staff. I've never had any problems when I've had to return or exchange items at all.

8. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart has the worst customer service and I will not go in there unless there are no other options. They are the cheapest store around, but the discounts are not enough for me to step foot in that place. I much prefer to go to Target. They have good prices and a friendly staff that care about their customers.

9. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    In our area, Walmart is not really the least expensive store anymore. We have a couple of newish grocery stores that have even lower prices than Walmart. The biggest problem with Walmart stores, imo, is their management. They lay down rules about customer service, but they won't hire the manpower to back it up. Their stores are almost always under staffed.

10. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    So true about Walmart because they do have the worst customer service. You walk up to them and ask for assistance, and they look at you like you are crazy. Their prices isn't all that great in my opinion, so I try to stay away from them as well. You right, Target has a better customer service staff, and the products is better quality.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There were several times I got so fed up with the bad customer service at Topp's grocery stores, that I left an entire buggy full of merchandise at the checkout line and just walked out. Their cashiers were so ridiculously slow there, and their automated checkout machines were constantly stopping and saying that a cashier needed to verify something, and they would never come by. There were times where there would be a line of like 10+ people waiting to check out, and they only got one cashier working at a register while 3 or 4 more of them are just standing over by the managers office chit chatting, completely oblivious. Not to mention they were so lethargically slow when ringing people up, constantly wanting to "chat" with each customer about everything under the sun, pausing to talk about certain food items, etc... it was infuriating. They acted like they were totally blind to the long line of people waiting to check out.