Cutting Costs On Tea And Coffee

Discussion in Food & Drink started by luri • Aug 18, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    tea and coffee might have some health benefits, however, they don't provide nutrition to good amount of calories. Tea and coffee are not something that your body actually wants. You can actually go without tea and coffee. have you ever considered cutting costs on tea and coffee?
    I am thinking about this, in fact I have started drinking lesser cups and less stronger tea/coffee.

2. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I think I can live without rice but I couldn't live without coffee LOL! I've been drinking coffee ever since I was a kid so I think taking it out of my diet would be devastating, just thinking about it makes me sad haha! I do know it doesn't help me get healthy but I really love the taste of it.

3. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    In the US, the price of coffee is so low that any savings don't mean much. Nonetheless, some might feel that coffee isn't nutritious. However, though, a lot of data seems to suggest it is.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    This becomes a "problem" for me. I'm totally addicted to coffee and my favorite place to drink is Starbucks. Oh my God, how I wish the coffees were cheaper, haha! :D

5. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think if we can cut down the intake of coffee and tea, we can save some money. For me, as I have got many tea leaves from my family and friends as souvenirs when they traveled to China, so I don't really cut down drinking tea. Moreover I don't drink tea every day. As I am breastfeeding my baby now, I don't drink coffee at all. But I think I will start drinking a cup a day later. I'll just try to buy the coffee packets when it's on sale, that's what we are doing now as my husband is drinking a cup of coffee a day.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How about bringing your own teas and coffee from home? You'll save with making your own teas and coffee from home. Just fill up your thermos with your favorite drink and you'll have them for all day without leaving your desk. It saves time and money if you bring your own teas and coffees from home. If you're near a MacDonalds, they got drinks at special prices all the time. Some MacDonalds has $1 cold drinks including sugarless tea. If you're a Senior Citizen you get to have $1 hot cup of coffee too. They got their specialty coffees on special all the time too. Usually MacDonald's has a poster displaying their specials.
    [​IMG]

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Coffee makes my stool loose, so if I don't want that to happen then I really should stop drinking coffee in the 1st place. It's been like 2 weeks since I stopped drinking coffee, and I don't even miss it. I replaced it with juice and I have no problems with my stool now.

8. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I like coffee a lot, it has become a part of my daily life. I can do breakfast with just a cup of coffee and a couple slices of bread and I'm good. I can't imagine the day when I will be quitting this favorite drink of mine. As what I have found, coffee has lot's of anti-oxidants, a key to fighting free radicals and gives protection against some forms of cancer.

9. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    You can have them for free. There are so many companies out there that gives away free samples. I always get to find sources online that gives away free samples.

10. Punkin

PunkinMember

Threads:
    @luri@luri One of the better tips I can give for cutting costs on coffee is to purchase a reusable cup for your K-cup machines. The disposable cups are an ecological nightmare of plastic that ends up in the ocean. As for your wallet, you can buy higher quality coffee in bulk and save money on a per-cup basis by filling up the reusable k-cups yourself! That type of win-win is rare so it's worth taking advantage of when it comes along.

#10Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  11. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Haha:):). Reading the comments, I feel with so many people. I cannot give up my tea/coffee. I have a cup of coffee every morning with my breakfast and a cup of tea at night. I have cut down almost totally on carbonated drinks. I only have this like once a month or so. And to save costs on my tea/coffee purchase, I buy in bulk or on special discount.

12. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    We have free flowing brewed coffee at the office and though it's quite tempting, I've always avoided drinking coffee as it makes my heart palpitate. Funny, but I know some people who drink hot coffee to save on eating solid food at breakfast. They also claim that drinking a cup in the morning helps regulate their bowel movement as they have to go to the bathroom within 30 minutes after a drink. Instant coffee is not nearly as expensive as fruit juices as long as you make it at home.

13. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Tea can be made with and without milk. Here we used to drink milk tea. And people at my home are drinking team many times in a day. They are just used to of it. Even my self drinking 3 cup of tea in a day. So yes if we can cut them down then we can surely save some money. By I guess it will be really hard as we all are quite habitual of it.

14. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Why give up tea if you can plant them on their backyard. There are so many herbal medicines that you can grow on your backyard that can be turned into tea. Flower based tea like hibiscus and rose are popular these days. Just plant roses or hibiscus and roses on your backyard and you will have free tea.

15. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    Cutting costs on coffee in order to save is a concept I would not even dream of considering.I honestly do not think I can live without coffee.I take a cup every three hours or so,except when I am asleep.Personally the only benefit I can confirm associated with coffee is that it prevents sleep for some time.Those afternoons when you are at your desk i your workplace looking at files you're supposed to fill but sleep is sneaking up on you demanding an audience.Take a cup of coffee.It works wonders!I buy like 4-5 sachets of coffee each $0.05 so that makes my daily budget for coffee about 30 cents per day.I don't think saving that would really be beneficial.

16. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I never took in consideration to cut the tea or coffee, we drink coffee every morning, tea is not used very much in my family but there are times when we feel the need to drink a hot cup of tea.
    Tea and coffee are essential in a home and I think we can cut money from other domains but not from the kitchen!

17. Liezeliezel

LiezeliezelNew Member

Threads:
    I only drink coffee in the morning for the sole reason of not having a headache for an entire day. I can't live peacefully without coffee in the morning so cutting costs on my coffee is a big no for me.