Cutting Out Sugar From Hot Drinks

Discussion in Food & Drink started by littlewitch66 • Aug 2, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I stopped having sugar in my drinks at quite a young age and now I can't stand the taste of sweetened tea or coffee.

My son couldn't believe that I only get through a small bag of sugar a month as he has 3 teaspoonfuls in his drinks and uses a large bag on a regular basis. My granddaughter might have a little on her cereal but for us that's about it.

Do you take sugar in your hot drinks?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Even though I have a sweet tooth, I never take sugar in drinks because I find it ruins the taste of coffee. I know people who need it, but since my dad had diabetes he can't have sugar and so we don't have it around him. He used to have 3 in each cup!

I think it's good to cut down, then you feel as if you can have that extra slice of cake or bar of chocolate without any guilt.

3. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I do. It seems I can't enjoy sipping hot coffee or tea without sugar on them, but not much. One or two teaspoons would do, cause I also don't like it when it's too sweet. Plus I prefer to use brown and muscovado sugar because it has a stronger flavor compared to the refined white sugar. I also add a little bit of creamer to add more flavor to my morning coffee.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been watching my sugar intake, so I use Stevia for coffee and have no sugar added teas at fast food restaurants when I eat out. I make sure there is unsweetened tea to drink with my food. I read labels and don't buy when sugar is over 10g. I found chocolate candy from Japan Meiji that has only 4g of sugar! Wonderful!!! I always buy things that are less than 10g of sugar. I drink herbs to protect me from diabetes 2. I went to Walmart's Wellness Fair and their test proves I free of diabetes 2. I'm loosing weight drinking sour apple cider vinegar cocktails. So no to sugar and I stopped drinking soda too. I don't even drink sugar free soda for they use aspartame. I never drink anything with aspartame.

5. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I do not tend to have hot drinks, but given the chance I would. I see no real problem with it as long as I don't put a cup load in the drink. Though, there are times where I feel as though my drink is good enough and really don't require any more sugar.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I like the taste of sugar, so I always put 2 tablespoons on my juice and coffee. I really like my drinks to be very sweet, not just moderately sweet.