CVS Photo Canvas prints

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ReadWriteLearnLove • Dec 30, 2014.

1. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I wanted to share how happy I am with CVS's photo department. I decided to have a couple of my mom's favorite recipes printed onto an 8x10 canvas as a Christmas gift this year (she can hang them in her kitchen as decor). My husband did a little computer work and we turned the recipes into .jpg images which we downloaded onto Cvs.com just as we would a photo we'd taken with our camera. Then, I ordered the canvases. A little google search led me to a 40% off coupon for all canvases through 2014, so I was able to get each for about approximately $11. The order came in last week and they are just beautiful. I couldn't be happier with the result. I wasn't sure how they would turn out as I'd never ordered a canvas print before, but I am so pleased.

This was a great way to make a meaningful gift, save some money, and get a great quality product!

The customer service was great too. When I picked up the canvas, the store clerk opened the packaging so I could inspect before paying. It was only then that I realized that we actually made a typo in the recipe! It was completely an oversight on my part, but the clerk said I could just order a new one, and when it comes in, bring the original back to the store and they'll exchange them out, for free, and send the incorrect canvas to be destroyed/recycled. I would have gladly paid for a new canvas because it was my mistake, but gratefully accepted their offer.

Props to CVS!

2. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I am so happy to hear that someone has used this service. I to saw this offer and have a wonderful picture of my niece that I took over the summer. I noticed that Office Depot also has a canvas print option that includes the brush stroke texture. I figured that my brother and sister in law would love a portrait type picture of my niece, but I was concerned the picture may not be as nice blown up. How did your recipes look did they stay crisp? Can you tell me what program you used for your editing?

I think that's great that CVS stood behind their product, that just does not seem to happen that much these days. I don't know if this will help now, but I see Michaels Craft stores has a 60% coupon for frames this week, Another great place to find inexpensive frames is at the Goodwill, just re-paint the frame portion and get nice matting. You maybe limited if you need several frames the same though!

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    My husband used Photoshop, I believe to make the image, but if you already have a digital picture I think it would already be in the correct format. Plus, on the CVS site, after I uploaded the image, there were options to edit the image to enhance, resize, or correct anything I may have felt needed retouching. The canvas was beautiful, we used a dark background color and used white lettering, using different fonts for each ingredient in the list to give the canvas a fun vibe. When I ordered it, I chose the wraparound edging so the color of my background would go all around the canvas, so no frame is even needed. And, there was an option for framed canvases, as well, if you prefer that look over no frame.