D O You Ever Use Layway?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Ke Gordon • Sep 28, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Even though I hate to think about it, Christmas will be coming up soon. Do you, or have you ever used layway in stores? I have used layaway but haven't done so in quite sometime. I once remember I bought a nightstand on layaway. I know some of the major retailers have reinsituted layway for consumers. I think unlike credit cards, layway, can be used without finance charges at least in some stores.

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Haven't done it in more than 20 years. The last place I had a layaway was KMart and I ended up getting a refund because I forgot about my purchase. I might look into it this year because I'm getting a new place soon.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Can you believe it I've never done layaway. I buy with credit card or cash. It seems good to pay a little at a time until you paid in full. I just never did layaway.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the layaway concept is brilliant, but my husband disagrees. I think it's because he's English and they don't have this system in the UK. Before I moved to the UK, I used to use it all the time here in Botswana. Now that I'm back here, I'm excited to go back to it, because I think it really helps me spread my expenses without having to pay anything extra. My husband doesn't see the point and would much rather save until he has all the money and walk away with the item. I've told him meantime the item he wants may be going out of stock, but nah, he still doesn't see it LOL