Daily Usage Graph From Your Electric Company?

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by hayrake • Jun 18, 2015.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    The electric company where I live provides a daily usage graph which it used to send automatically by email every day if you signed up. Suddenly I quit receiving my daily usage graph and called about it to find out that it is still available but you must now request it every time you want to see it instead of them sending it automatically every day.

(What's up with that?)

Well, fine. It's a little more trouble on my part but I'm very glad that the graph is still available as it has been a big help over the last few years in discovering exactly where my power usage is centered most. If you have something eating your bank account up in electricity you can narrow things down and figure out what to do about it.

I highly recommend looking into it because I imagine you can get such a graph through pretty much all electric companies.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that these graphs are a great idea. Electricity companies in the UK are starting to introduce them and it can be an excellent way of examining your power usage in more depth. A daily report will allow you to pinpoint the cause of any spikes.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our electric bill has a monthly graph so you can easily know if last month's consumption was increasing or decreasing. That is a good guide for consumers since you get a feel of your performance towards electric usage. The electric company is not remiss in reminding the public on conservation.

4. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, the monthly graphs are good, but I really like getting the daily usage--daily. It just seems to really hit you then exactly what you're doing when the usage spikes.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get a weekly graph via email from my electric provider. I usually don't pay as much attention as you apparently do @hayrake@hayrake, but I can see what you mean about how helpful it could be to determine what exactly is increasing the cost. I mainly look to see whether it's higher or lower than the previous week, then try to figure out what i've done differently. Usually it's the weather, since the AC usage is a big determinant of how high the bill will be.