Dairy Queen vs Coldstone

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by MindyT • Oct 31, 2013.

1. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I love ice cream. I love going to Dairy Queen for a nice ice cream cone or dilly bar. However, I love the toppings and flavors at Coldstone. I do not go to Coldstone often because of their higher prices.

Do you have a preference? What do you like to purchase at each? Is there another ice cream shop you frequent?

2. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    Cold Stone is really a place I go to when I'm looking for something special. I usually go to Dairy Queen after taking the kids to the mall to run around for a while.

3. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Cold Stone over Dairy Queen. In the past Cold Stone has done nothing, but serve me up some justice lol. I love everything I get from them, and it tastes just as good. That does not mean I don't like Dairy Queen though, because they both are great tasting.

4. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I do think Coldstone is more expensive. I usually go there as a special treat too. I love their cookie dough sundae. I think it is called cookie don't you want some or something like that. For quick trips, I head to DQ. Now my local DQ carries Orange Julius. They make wonderful smoothies.

5. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I am not all too sure about DQ nowadays. Perhaps its just some kind of nostalgic feeling, but I recall a time when their food and ice cream tasted much better than it does today. ColdStone seems to take their ice cream game a tad more seriously. The quality seems to be there in comparison. Though I have had better than those two, it is a versus, so it goes to ColdStone by default.

6. frotle803

frotle803New Member

Threads:
    Coldstone! In my book there is no contest! I'm not much of an ice cream eater though. So I'm very picky. I love that Coldstone has so many options to put on top of the ice cream.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never tried Dairy Queen!! I do love Cold Stone though. Their ice creams are so awesome, so I guess I pick them.

8. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDeeMember

Threads:
    I like them both. DQ is more of a quick kind of "I just want ice cream" type of thing. If I'm going for something flavorful and over the top, I'd go to Stone Cold. Stone Cold is a lot more expensive, though. It's worth it every once in a while. More of an occasional treat.

9. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Cold Stone is more expensive but it is ALWAYS delicious and quality ice cream. I've never left disappointed once and always try and go there when I'm looking for Ice Cream To me, Dairy Queen hasn't had the same quality of desserts for years now, but are still good if you want something cheap and quick.

10. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    The one thing I would change about Cold Stone would be the singing for the tip. If they get a tip, the employees break out singing a cheesy song. Do your stores do that?

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Both are not very good quality if you check out the ingredients. Have you considered making your own ice cream? it is so easy to make, you only need sugar, milk and cream, I make it the 'French' way and add eggs. It is also significantly cheaper and you can cover your ice cream with any toppings you like.

12. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a fan of both, but it is really apples and oranges. If you want more affordable ice cream, go to DQ and get a blizzard. If you want delicious customizable ice cream, got to Cold Stone and pay a little extra.

13. CoachV

CoachVNew Member

Threads:
    I LOVE Dairy Queen! The butterscotch Dilly Bar is what I usually get but their soft serve is very good also. Coldstone ice cream is too heavy and makes me feel sick afterwards. I'll go DQ 100% of the time!

14. Joe D.

Joe D.New Member

Threads:
    If you want a burger or chili dog to go with your banana split, it has to be Dairy Queen. But for ice cream just for the pure love of ice cream, gotta be Coldstone every time. (Though I do get a craving for a good soft-serve from time to time.)

15. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I have made my own ice cream. Growing up, we made our own ice cream all the time. We had the big brown bucket. I remember adding the salt all around the inside of the bucket. We actually had one that you had to hand crank. It brings up some really great memories. Also, we made snow ice cream during the winter months. Have you ever tried snow ice cream?

16. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I found Coldstone overly sweet, clearly over priced when they first opened. I went a few more times and still was disatisfied. Dairy Queen is a totally different type of Ice cream outlet, I see them more as the old fashioned soft serve versus Coldstone being like Ben and Jerry's and the like. If I had to put them on the same level, I would choose Dairy Queen only because it is not over priced. There are a lot who like the nostalgia of Dairy Queen as well as the food items.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to love DQ! It's been so long since I've eaten store bought or fast food ice cream though, so I know I wouldn't find it yummy these days. Once in a while I'll try a non food I used to love just to see how it fares and so far, my body rejects everything not meant to be ingested lol.

18. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    I think coldstone ice cream is MUCH better than dairy queen. Dairy queen is more of the soft serve, very runny variety. Coldstone, at least in my opinion, taste more creamy, more high quality.

Unfortunately, I cant tolerate alot of dairy, so i rarely visit either one of them.

19. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Never really tried Cold Stone but I've had Dairy Queen and their ice cream is actually pretty good. Plus, isn't Cold Stone overpriced?

In any case, nothing beats homemade ice cream when it comes to taste, so everything else is just for times when you're feeling extremely lazy.

20. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I love ice cream. I don't really mind the brand. But since there is a Dairy Queen near my place. I mostly buy it than the other.