Dark Nail Polish - Gel Or Regular?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Sunshine • Jan 22, 2015.

1. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if you guys watch this show, but yesterday I saw an episode of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. The lady Yolanda, who always has a shade of dark nail polish (like black, dark metallic, or deep burgundy) was putting a coat of dark polish on her nails right before a party. I was really surprised! I know you can't believe everything you see, but I always thought she had a gel polish because her nails are so perfect. If I use dark polish it will chip within a day or two, and is such a hassle to take off so quickly, so I only get dark colors done at the salon with gel, so it lasts at least 1 week.

Do you use regular polish when you do your nails dark? How long does it last? Have you found any tricks to make it last longer?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I don't often do dark polish but when I do I try to put a top coat of clear polish over it, make sure all my dishes are done, and try to have it dried completely before going out or doing anything. It only lasts a couple days because I cannot go a long time without using my hands. But then I just take it off and go back to naked nails.