dark under eye circles

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by theaaa • Jul 13, 2012.

1. theaaa

theaaaNew Member

Threads:
    I always seem to have dark circles under my eyes even when I sleep for eight hours. Anyone else with that problem? What do you do to hide or get rid of dark circles or eye bags?

2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I rarely get dark circles under my eyes NOW...but I did in the past. What works for me, is placing cucumber slices or potato slices on and under my eyes. They contain ingredients that minimize dark circles. The other 2 ingredients I use are...1)honey and 2)olive oil. Sometimes placing cold spoons on our eyes work.

Just do not give up until you find something that works for you.

3. missnc35

missnc35Member

Threads:
    Green tea bags are a great remedy for dark under eye circles. When you're done drinking your ta, save the tea bag and put it in the refrigerator. After a couple hours, it will be ready to use under the eye. Allow the tea bag to sit under the eye for 30 to 45 minutes once a day for better results.

4. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I've heard of the tea bag remedy, must be useful. Plenty of rest could help. Although I don't think you should use make up as a solution, if it's absolutely necesarry and you'll be somewhere where you have to make a good impression there are great dark circle cover ups now. Again, this would just be something temporary to get you through a meeting or something important. Otherwise stick to natural stuff - always better

5. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I have also heard that constipation can cause dark circles under your eyes. So make sure you drink plenty of water and eat foods that contain a lot of fibre.

6. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    This is a hereditary problem for my husband, but after using a product called skinCeuticals Eye Cream for the last 6 months, his dark circles are at least 50% faded. He started to see results after about 2-3 months, so if you decide to try it, don't give up on it too soon. Good luck to you!

7. Declan

DeclanBanned

Threads:
    Hi theaaa,
    To cure dark circles under your eyes increase water intake, eat well and have plenty of fluids. Apply a mixture of turmeric powder and pineapple juice under your eyes and massaging almond oil on dark circles is also effective. Avoid alcohol and smoking. Apply cold cream 15 minutes before sleeping and get sufficient sleep of 7/8 hours in a day.

8. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Taking Vitamin K is said to help dark circles. It is available in tablet form, as well as found in Brussel sprouts, spinach, kale, Swiss chard, etc. For topical application, you could try applying the juice of raw potato to help lighten the skin there.